News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

GUN SHOW ALBUQUERQUE MAY 2-3 June 607

Started by twh731, April 22, 2009, 05:11:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twh731

You guys down in the south of NM have really got the gunshow thing down.  I am planning on attending the one in Alb May 2-3 and am looking for ideas.  If I am too late to get the May 2-3 there is another one June 6-7.  I see you had a posterboard with pics and am wondering how to download and print some great pics from our recent NM events.  Also where to get copies done inexpensively as I have been printing all of them so far on my printer at home and that gets pretty expensive.  I am going to try to get a table and have gotten the promoter's # from the NM expo people.  I left a message with both promoters but they haven't returned my call yet.  Were you able to get a table on the cheap or free and how did you go about convincing them it was to their advantage?  I am also looking for any helpers to work the table (provided I get one) and float around the show.  I will probably stay at a buddie's home in Alb. Sat. night as driving 3 hours home and then 3 hours back on Sunday isn't very appealing.
Appleseed is history in the re-making!

SamD

We got the one free and paid for the other.  The free one I just asked, told them we were a non profit adn tehy said OK. Even got us a wall table so we could hang banners and flags easy

Get copies at Staples 100 1 sided for $10 down here. 
I'll PM a couple of ABQ folks for you

BlueFeather

What Sam said... we told show promoters we were non-profit. One gave us a booth for free and the other gave us a discount, so it cost me $40.  I printed about 3 reams of flyers over several months, but we ran out at the LC gun show, so I went to Kinko's and printed more. I did put in for reimbursement, but I don't know if I will get it back... I guess its just a donation to the cause, so keep that in mind whenever you pay for anything.  (You can of course, keep records and claim that as a charitable donation, FWIW.) We gave out SWAT reprints, a sample target and a print-out of the Dillon article and local schedule at gun shows.  We also had a red coat posted on the wall at 25 yards to show people what we shot at... most people claimed they would have no problem consistently shooting that, but of course, we know better.

As for the poster board I made: I grabbed a bunch of photos from the forum and then put them together on a cork board.  I can probably find them again and print them up for you if you would like.

We did get several shooters from Albuquerque at the las Las Cruces AS and also at the Raton AS, and I can forward their email addys to you, once I get my paperwork back together... we still haven't unloaded our truck!  Several people have expressed an interest in helping out. 

I expect that we should be able to double or triple the previous Albuquerque attendance.

BTW, so far we have me as SB and TG and ashrn as instructors.  We could do with a few orange hats to help out.

Thank you Tom, for helping out so much at Raton... you were invaluable and your comments on the AAR really set the tone. 

BF

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. (not Edmund Burke)

twh731

OK folks, I got a table donated to us for the May 2-3 gun show in Alb.  We have a table in building A.  I will find out where the table is when I get there on Sat morning May 2.  If someone in Alb wants to go in on Fri. we can start to set things up between 1200 and 1900 Friday May 1st.  Let me know if any of you are interested in working the show b/c I have to let the promoter know who all is coming to help out so they have a list of names.
I haven't heard back from the other promoter who has the show on June 6-7th.  We just might get to do both shows.  I will try to find out if I can get single side copies done here in Taos but the last time I checked they wanted something like $0.27 per copy.  OUTRAGEOUS!  BF, TG, or SamD can you give me an example of what flyers you handed out at the gunshow in LC?  Any yes BF I would really like the pics which you boarded.  I have an idea of what to put on the posterboard but no pics yet.  Now I'm looking for volunteers to work the show with me.  Anyone?

sarge

My first volunteer effort ...
if I can get a copy and you supply the paper I will print them for you.
I have a dry Color LaserJet ... the only problem is I need to get it done fast ... we are gearing up to move to a new house that weekend and I will be tearing down the computer room on thur. and fri. so I would need to be finished by then ... that only gives me 6 days.
If interested email me.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.
~Benjamin Franklin~

SamD

We passed out a copy of the shoot flier, a 50 ft reduced or a classifier, and a Dillon all tucked inside a SWAT.
TaosGlock had some Appleseed business cards too. 

I'll be up there for the June shoot too.

Sam

twh731

SamD. I'm not familiar with the Dillon,  I'm assuming that this is a Dillon Blue book?  Are we associated with Dillon in some way?  I'm familiar with their pamphlet and products.  Tom

SamD

twh731

Ahh, the old Appleseed article in the DillonBluePress magazine trick.  Hadn't seen that one until now.  Thanks.  Tom