Author Topic: ATTENTION NEW ORANGE HATS/IITs  (Read 72547 times)

Online Captain

• Shoot Boss
Re: ATTENTION NEW ORANGE HATS/IITs
« Reply #240 on: May 06, 2019, 12:46:06 AM »
I already posted here a few days ago and sent PM's to my SB, and the two people mentioned on page 1 of this 10 year old thread. My SB has sent a PM to "instructor promotions" to verify my RM score and completion of PC0. I am also sending PM's to the folks on page 8 of this thread who appear to be higher up the totem pole.

I am hoping to get upgraded soon so I get signed up for the upcoming events where ever that happens.

Also, if anyone reading this can send me an instructor manual or any other materials until I get my forum status upgraded that would be great.

Looking forward to starting, Thanks!

Offline Grandpa Chuckie

• Instructor in Training
« Reply #241 on: May 31, 2019, 11:59:48 AM »
Hi EEL, I know this is an older post, but being a newby, I and reading and learning. Being a "Blue Hat" and helping young ones on the line, was told if I want to help on the line, I have to have an "Orange Hat". Well, I have to help others, so I accepted.

Just want to thank you for posting the "cheat sheet". Just printed and will use as a reference. Thank you for helping us!!

Online Mrs. Smith

• NM State Coordinator
  • Shoot Boss
  • TANSTAAFL!
« Reply #242 on: May 31, 2019, 12:53:07 PM »
Thanks for stepping up, Chuck!  You're correct in that AppleCore aren't permitted to instruct.  I'm pretty sure it's a legal thing. And you CLEARLY wished to help on the line, particularly with the young-uns. It was a natural next step!

I highly recommend you read this post from Maximum Ordinate when you have time. I don't know if you can access it yet - your official promotion process doesn't appear to be complete yet.  Hopefully it will be before Bill heads up to Raton and drops off the earth for  6 weeks!

https://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=51391.0

Welcome!!!!!!

Hi EEL, I know this is an older post, but being a newby, I and reading and learning. Being a "Blue Hat" and helping young ones on the line, was told if I want to help on the line, I have to have an "Orange Hat". Well, I have to help others, so I accepted.

Just want to thank you for posting the "cheat sheet". Just printed and will use as a reference. Thank you for helping us!!
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." - Robert A. Heinlein

"A generation which ignores history has no past, and no future." - Lazarus Long

"I will accept the rules that you feel are necessary for YOUR freedom. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." - Robert A. Heinlein

"I can kill you with my brain." - River Tam

Rifleman 5/29/16
Distinguished Rifleman 06/19/19 LADYSEED
KD Rifleman 10/20/19