Author Topic: ATTENTION NEW ORANGE HATS/IITs  (Read 77444 times)

Offline Captain

• designated Shoot Boss
Re: ATTENTION NEW ORANGE HATS/IITs
« Reply #240 on: May 06, 2019, 12:46:06 AM »
I already posted here a few days ago and sent PM's to my SB, and the two people mentioned on page 1 of this 10 year old thread. My SB has sent a PM to "instructor promotions" to verify my RM score and completion of PC0. I am also sending PM's to the folks on page 8 of this thread who appear to be higher up the totem pole.

I am hoping to get upgraded soon so I get signed up for the upcoming events where ever that happens.

Also, if anyone reading this can send me an instructor manual or any other materials until I get my forum status upgraded that would be great.

Looking forward to starting, Thanks!
There’s things that gnaw on a man worse than dyin'. – Open Range

Offline Grandpa Chuckie

• Instructor in Training
« Reply #241 on: May 31, 2019, 11:59:48 AM »
Hi EEL, I know this is an older post, but being a newby, I and reading and learning. Being a "Blue Hat" and helping young ones on the line, was told if I want to help on the line, I have to have an "Orange Hat". Well, I have to help others, so I accepted.

Just want to thank you for posting the "cheat sheet". Just printed and will use as a reference. Thank you for helping us!!
“Those who don’t know history are doomed to repeat it.” – Edmund Burke

“No power so effectually robs the mind of all its powers of acting and reasoning as fear.” – Edmund Burke

Offline Mrs. Smith

• Deputy Ladyseed National Coordinator - NM State Coordinator
  • Shoot Boss
  • TANSTAAFL!
« Reply #242 on: May 31, 2019, 12:53:07 PM »
Thanks for stepping up, Chuck!  You're correct in that AppleCore aren't permitted to instruct.  I'm pretty sure it's a legal thing. And you CLEARLY wished to help on the line, particularly with the young-uns. It was a natural next step!

I highly recommend you read this post from Maximum Ordinate when you have time. I don't know if you can access it yet - your official promotion process doesn't appear to be complete yet.  Hopefully it will be before Bill heads up to Raton and drops off the earth for  6 weeks!

https://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=51391.0

Welcome!!!!!!

Hi EEL, I know this is an older post, but being a newby, I and reading and learning. Being a "Blue Hat" and helping young ones on the line, was told if I want to help on the line, I have to have an "Orange Hat". Well, I have to help others, so I accepted.

Just want to thank you for posting the "cheat sheet". Just printed and will use as a reference. Thank you for helping us!!
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." - Robert A. Heinlein

"A generation which ignores history has no past, and no future." - Lazarus Long

"I will accept the rules that you feel are necessary for YOUR freedom. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." - Robert A. Heinlein

"I can kill you with my brain." - River Tam

Rifleman 5/29/16
Distinguished Rifleman 06/19/19 LADYSEED
KD Rifleman 10/20/19  KD Requal 10/04/20

Offline RobMarini

« Reply #243 on: September 08, 2020, 09:22:39 PM »
I volunteered for an orange hat some time ago at Redcoat Rival's Palmerton event earlier this year
We Mutually Pledge To Each Other Our Lives, Our Fortunes And Our Sacred Honor.

Offline Instructor Promotions

« Reply #244 on: September 08, 2020, 09:37:36 PM »
Please contact the SB for the event you are talking about and ask them if they submitted a promotion for you. I do all the IIT0 Promotions and don't recall receiving one for you.

IP (Instructor Promotions) / Miki

I volunteered for an orange hat some time ago at Redcoat Rival's Palmerton event earlier this year