Author Topic: ATTENTION NEW ORANGE HATS/IITs  (Read 74053 times)

Online scuzzy

• Senior Instructor-RBC/IBC
  • Senior Staff: IT
Re: ATTENTION NEW ORANGE HATS/IITs
« Reply #210 on: October 04, 2016, 03:08:16 PM »
Good afternoon,

I recently accepted an offer of an Orange Hat at our VA Shoot on Sept 10-11 at Montpelier

My ShootBoss was Bob Newton (FiremanBob)

I am attempting to fill out my IIT0 Progress Check, but the link in the document references an area on the Forum that I do not have access to.

Thank you.

-Doug (rhunter)

I'll email you a copy.
persona non grata

Offline Monkey

• Senior Instructor
  • Non Sibi Sed Patriae
« Reply #211 on: October 04, 2016, 05:11:24 PM »
Good afternoon,

I recently accepted an offer of an Orange Hat at our VA Shoot on Sept 10-11 at Montpelier

My ShootBoss was Bob Newton (FiremanBob)

I am attempting to fill out my IIT0 Progress Check, but the link in the document references an area on the Forum that I do not have access to.

Thank you.

-Doug (rhunter)

I'll email you a copy.

I emailed him both the IIT0 and the instructor manual early last week.

Will re-engage as well.
"5 minutes for this stage - that's like a week in people years!"

"Responsibility is a unique concept... You may share it with others, but your portion is not diminished. You may delegate it, but it is still with you... If responsibility is rightfully yours, no evasion, or ignorance or passing the blame can shift the burden to someone else. Unless you can point your finger at the man who is responsible when something goes wrong, then you have never had anyone really responsible.”
― Hyman G. Rickover

"Scoring is a function of great execution, and winning Is the result, but thinking about winning can pull your focus off of proper execution in a competition. Thinking about process is the answer."- Lanny Bassham

Offline Dracomeister

• Instructor In Training 3
« Reply #212 on: October 08, 2016, 03:39:18 PM »
Accepted an Orange Hat during the October 1 & 2 Appleseed at Mancester TN (Arnold AFB Rifle Range). Shoot Boss was Claude Morse (TNColonel). Shot Rifleman (211) at my first Appleseed September 3 & 4 shoot at Manchester. I'd like to get access to the Instructor pages so I can get started learning what I need to know! Photo attached is from the October shoot where two of my three students shot Rifleman ... absolutely made my day!

My Oath to support and defend the Constitution of the United States of America has no expiration date!

Offline bwerrbac@bellsouth.net

« Reply #213 on: October 09, 2016, 10:21:50 PM »
Thanks for picture post. I think everyone had great time with awesome instructors

Offline KPUC

• RWVA Instructor
  • KPUC is the Russian spelling of Chris
« Reply #214 on: October 10, 2016, 06:40:46 PM »
I finally shot a rifleman's score (216) on January 17, 2016, at Bald Knob, AR.  Morpheus was the Shoot Boss.  "Sticks" (the AR State Coordinator) was there.  I got an orange hat that day and have IIT'ed at two other shoots (Hot Springs and Harrisburg, AR) since then. 

I'd like to get access to the TIPS section so that I can do what I am supposed to do and help this program to grow. 

Thanks, Chris

216 at Bald Knob, AR on 1/17/16
A rifleman persists; it took me six Appleseeds, a number of equipment changes and a trip to the eye doctor to qualify.  Pumpkinseed is my only daughter.

Online scuzzy

« Reply #215 on: October 10, 2016, 07:34:53 PM »
Dracomeister & KPUC: The Shoot Boss (SB) for each event should have submitted a Personal Message (PM) to 'Instructor Promotions' to get you setup. It's also possible that Instructor Promotions may have missed the PM - it gets kinda busy at times.

I'll PM your respective SBs and request an IIT promotion request be sent to Instructor Promotions.

persona non grata

Offline motorcycle_dan

« Reply #216 on: October 24, 2016, 10:02:46 AM »
Just completed my third Appleseed and scored rifleman on each one.  I'm awful in that I don't remember the names of any of the volunteers or the shoot boss.  I'd recognize them but awful with names.  I attended the Appleseed at the Home range in Ramseur the weekend of 22/23 Oct.  Was talking about working towards becoming an instructor.  What do I need to do next?
Thanks in advance.
Dan

Online scuzzy

« Reply #217 on: October 24, 2016, 12:30:50 PM »
Just completed my third Appleseed and scored rifleman on each one.  I'm awful in that I don't remember the names of any of the volunteers or the shoot boss.  I'd recognize them but awful with names.  I attended the Appleseed at the Home range in Ramseur the weekend of 22/23 Oct.  Was talking about working towards becoming an instructor.  What do I need to do next?
Thanks in advance.
Dan

The shoot boss was KARDIAK KID. He'll submit a request to Instructor Promotions requesting that you get setup as an IIT (Instructor In Training). If this doesn't happen within say a week give him a PM (Personal Message - under My Messages) or post here again.

persona non grata

Offline goodoldfriend

• Instructor In Training 2
« Reply #218 on: October 31, 2016, 10:41:58 AM »
I requested and accepted an Orange hat in Wilmington, Ohio this weekend from the Shoot Boss, Longrifleman. I earned my first Rifleman score in Newark, Ohio on 10/2/2016 and repeated twice this weekend. Please let me know if there is anything else I need to do in the way of notifying you. Best regards, Goodoldfriend (Matt)
1st Appleseed 11/23/2012, Crittenden, KY
2nd Appleseed 7/16/2016, Wilmington, OH
3rd Appleseed 10/2/2016, Newark, OH
Rifleman (213) 10/2/2016

Online scuzzy

« Reply #219 on: October 31, 2016, 11:50:28 AM »
I requested and accepted an Orange hat in Wilmington, Ohio this weekend from the Shoot Boss, Longrifleman. I earned my first Rifleman score in Newark, Ohio on 10/2/2016 and repeated twice this weekend. Please let me know if there is anything else I need to do in the way of notifying you. Best regards, Goodoldfriend (Matt)

Did you tell Longrifleman at the event this weekend that you wanted to be an orange hat? If so he should have asked you a few questions and will then submit a request to have you setup as an IIT (Instructor in training).

If you didn't talk to him about that then you'll need to send him a PM (Personal Message) using the forum.

persona non grata

Offline goodoldfriend

« Reply #220 on: November 02, 2016, 12:47:01 PM »

Did you tell Longrifleman at the event this weekend that you wanted to be an orange hat? If so he should have asked you a few questions and will then submit a request to have you setup as an IIT (Instructor in training).

If you didn't talk to him about that then you'll need to send him a PM (Personal Message) using the forum.

Yes, I think all that has been addressed. I did submit answers to the questions and spoke with him personally for a while. I now have access to additional forums. Please let me know if you need anything else. Thanks for your reply.

Best regards, Goodoldfriend
1st Appleseed 11/23/2012, Crittenden, KY
2nd Appleseed 7/16/2016, Wilmington, OH
3rd Appleseed 10/2/2016, Newark, OH
Rifleman (213) 10/2/2016

Offline ChileRelleno

• 3 Seeds/3 Patches/KD and an Orange Hat
« Reply #221 on: November 02, 2016, 02:34:35 PM »
Shot my 3rd RM at my 3rd AS in Mobile, AL on Oct 29/30.
I accepted an Orange Hat from the SB,  Robert Hays (aka) Cadman

I need an IIT0 sheet and a Instructor manual download or emailed to me, please and thank you.

Would like to work the Dec 3/4 AS in Pensacola, FL if my calendar stays clear.
Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee... Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

Online scuzzy

« Reply #222 on: November 02, 2016, 02:54:30 PM »
Shot my 3rd RM at my 3rd AS in Mobile, AL on Oct 29/30.
I accepted an Orange Hat from the SB,  Robert Hays (aka) Cadman

I need an IIT0 sheet and a Instructor manual download or emailed to me, please and thank you.

Would like to work the Dec 3/4 AS in Pensacola, FL if my calendar stays clear.

Cadman needs to submit an 'IIT' promotion if he hasn't already done so. I'll PM both him and you next.
persona non grata

Offline Smrollins

« Reply #223 on: May 21, 2017, 03:33:43 PM »
I became a Rifle man, and an IIT some time ago, in Baconton GA.  My Instructor is Goose, Doctor John has been here a few times.  We have a growing seed here.  Goose is now a Shoot Boss and is wonderful. 

Offline Schweddy Balls

« Reply #224 on: June 10, 2017, 11:43:46 PM »
Chick Norris and I were at the Douglas, WY boot camp and accepted orange hats, how do we sign up for more appleseeds?

I scored RM on the 25 yard range once with .22 and again with Centerfire and then qualified twice consecutively for the long range rocker.

Thank you

Schweddy Balls.

Online scuzzy

« Reply #225 on: June 11, 2017, 11:36:18 AM »
Chick Norris and I were at the Douglas, WY boot camp and accepted orange hats, how do we sign up for more appleseeds?

I scored RM on the 25 yard range once with .22 and again with Centerfire and then qualified twice consecutively for the long range rocker.

Thank you

Schweddy Balls.

I've PMd the instructors for the IBC. You haven't been setup as an IIT yet. Maybe they haven't submitted the info to get you setup for we're waiting for instructor promotions to do their thing. Once you get setup as an IIT you'll receive info on how to sign up to instructor at shoots.
persona non grata

Offline Mercedes

• Shoot Boss
« Reply #226 on: June 12, 2017, 08:43:47 PM »
I double qualified at Arnold AFB on May 27-28, 2017.  TnColonel (Claude) was the shoot boss that weekend.  I know that he's had Internet issues, but still haven't received access to obtain Instructor's Manual or initial documentation.  Thank you.

Mercedes
Debbie Fonseca

Offline rocket

• Charter Pistol Instructor
  • designated Shoot Boss
  • Pistol Instructor-Designated Shoot Boss
Promotions and forum names
« Reply #227 on: June 15, 2017, 08:59:36 PM »

Thank you

Schweddy Balls.
--------------------------
Hello

Saw your post regarding promotions. They can only be done at an Appleseed weekend event.so, just sign up in Minnesota where & when convenient, talk to the shoot boss beforehand, and he'll work with you!

Also.  Very important: the powers that be contacted me (since I brought up a potential problem of your forum name with them) since I was working the Douglas RBC where you scored and accepted an orange hat, to begin the trail to Instructor. That's great.

We think it would be best that you delete your forum name and choose another, you'll probably just need to start that relatively easy process over. We feel that it is not an appropriate forum name, and I'm passing that request along to you. Please let me know when that is complete with a PM.

Thank you, and we'll see you up the trail!

rocket
"There's no such thing as bad weather, only bad preparation"

-C.Smith

Online scuzzy

« Reply #228 on: June 16, 2017, 09:24:54 AM »
I double qualified at Arnold AFB on May 27-28, 2017.  TnColonel (Claude) was the shoot boss that weekend.  I know that he's had Internet issues, but still haven't received access to obtain Instructor's Manual or initial documentation.  Thank you.

Mercedes
Debbie Fonseca

Let me see what I can do.
persona non grata

Offline Hhansen

• Retired IIT
« Reply #229 on: August 08, 2017, 11:52:25 AM »
Hi! I just got my orange hat! My shoot boss was Lee foster and we were at the Vienna fish and game! Thank you!

Offline Texas T

• Shoot Boss
  • What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly
« Reply #230 on: August 08, 2017, 05:32:14 PM »
I see from your profile that you are from Orwell. Are you planning on joining us on September 9 and 10? I'll be the shoot boss at that event. Looking forward to meeting you, as I wasn't able to make Vienna.
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."  Mark Twain

First Appleseed, September 26-27, 2015;   First Rifleman, September 27, 2015;   First Redcoat, September 27, 2015;   Second Rifleman, September 27, 2015

Thanks Corvette, great instruction!!!

MI IBC, February 2017

Offline BooneCaudill

• RWVA Instructor
« Reply #231 on: August 07, 2018, 08:35:14 AM »
Hello! I qualified this past weekend in Antioch, TN with bluegrasscolonel as the shoot boss. Looking forward to helping out where I can and learning while I do so!
The hardest thing to explain is that which is glaringly evident, which everybody had decided not to see. -Aayn Rand

Offline FreedomIsntEasy

• Instructor in Training
« Reply #232 on: August 07, 2018, 10:46:45 PM »
I had my first weekend as an orange hat July 21-22 in McLean.  Editor was the scheduled shoot boss, but when his schedule didn't cooperate, Shooter 30-06 stepped up.

Offline John The mauser man

• Instructor in Training
« Reply #233 on: March 05, 2019, 11:54:22 PM »
I have worked 3 events as a orange Hat. Having fun promoting appleseed and the shooting sports.

Online scuzzy

« Reply #234 on: March 06, 2019, 09:27:03 AM »
I have worked 3 events as a orange Hat. Having fun promoting appleseed and the shooting sports.

I see you're still listed as a 'newbie' and not an IIT. What events have you helped at?
persona non grata

Offline Don'tFix1776

• Instructor in Training
  • Rifleman
« Reply #235 on: March 06, 2019, 04:22:50 PM »
 :sos:Not to over burden you, but I as well am listed as a newbie and I earned rifleman in Alice under Ron and provided partial help as an orange hat at two events. I also attended the Boot camp in January. I will be shooting the upcoming KD in New Braunfels as a participant. :snipersmi

Online Maximum Ordinate

• National Coordinator
  • Master Instructor
  • Liberty, yo!
« Reply #236 on: March 06, 2019, 04:23:48 PM »
:sos:Not to over burden you, but I as well am listed as a newbie and I earned rifleman in Alice under Ron and provided partial help as an orange hat at two events. I also attended the Boot camp in January. I will be shooting the upcoming KD in New Braunfels as a participant. :snipersmi

PM inbound.
KD requal: 50/50, June 2019

Have questions?  Check our Volunteer FAQ.

Offline k_riley

• Instructor In Training 1
« Reply #237 on: March 20, 2019, 12:06:41 AM »
Howdy Appleseed,
Kevan Riley here.  11 Cherry Drive Chickasha, OK 73018 and 405-694-7441.  I seem to have two log ins and I don't see that either lists me as an IIT.  I have been helping to teach Appleseeds for quite a while, like 2012 maybe.  Skarecrow would probably reference for me.  This may be why I have not been able to see where to sign up to instruct on shoots and cannot post pictures.  CAN YOU HELP?  Please let me know.  We have an Appleseed coming up next month.
Respectfully,
Kevan Riley

Online Maximum Ordinate

• National Coordinator
  • Master Instructor
  • Liberty, yo!
« Reply #238 on: March 20, 2019, 07:24:01 AM »
Howdy Appleseed,
Kevan Riley here.  11 Cherry Drive Chickasha, OK 73018 and 405-694-7441.  I seem to have two log ins and I don't see that either lists me as an IIT.  I have been helping to teach Appleseeds for quite a while, like 2012 maybe.  Skarecrow would probably reference for me.  This may be why I have not been able to see where to sign up to instruct on shoots and cannot post pictures.  CAN YOU HELP?  Please let me know.  We have an Appleseed coming up next month.
Respectfully,
Kevan Riley

PM coming to you.
KD requal: 50/50, June 2019

Have questions?  Check our Volunteer FAQ.

Offline Captain

• Shoot Boss
« Reply #239 on: May 04, 2019, 01:42:10 AM »
I just finished my second AS and was able to re-qualify with a RM score at Colorado Springs on Apr 28/29 2019 (SB Luminous Rabbit). I completed and forwarded the IIT questions and "contract" to my SB (who is also the State Coordinator), I have an orange hat, I am sending a PM to the individuals mentioned on page 1 of this thread, and am hoping to access the instructor materials so I can begin.

Looking forward to starting, Thanks!