Author Topic: ATTENTION NEW ORANGE HATS/IITs  (Read 74059 times)

Offline bill97222

• Retired IIT
Re: ATTENTION NEW ORANGE HATS/IITs
« Reply #180 on: September 16, 2013, 11:23:52 PM »
I shot a 220 at Douglas Ridge, Eagle Creek Oregon on Saturday September 14th and received my hat  from Kimber Custom on Sunday.

I'm proud to have the opportunity to serve such a worthy cause.

Now's all I need is my bucket  :)

Offline heidiheidi

• Shoot Boss
« Reply #181 on: November 14, 2013, 06:01:54 PM »
I have been an IIT/orange hat since shooting first rifleman score in December and then Feb 2013 when I shot four rifleman scores at PMRPC Palm Bay, Florida in the same day.  Thank you.  Heidi ^:)^
Heidiheidi :F

The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed -- where the government refuses to stand for reelection and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees*. However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake a free people get to make only once.

-- Justice Alex Kozinski, US 9th Circuit Court, 2003

Offline Flipper

• RWVA Instructor
« Reply #182 on: November 14, 2013, 10:10:04 PM »
Just wondering do any of you instructors have an idea of how many Youth instructors there are I know of only 4 in the North West I'm happy to be one of the four but I haven't meet another Youth instructor yet  :(

Offline eaglescouter

• Instructor In Training 3
  • Sac Four Ought Nine
« Reply #183 on: November 14, 2013, 10:12:29 PM »
Just wondering do any of you instructors have an idea of how many Youth instructors there are I know of only 4 in the North West I'm happy to be one of the four but I haven't meet another Youth instructor yet  :(

We have several in our Sacramento California crew.

Suggestion:  Recruit your friends and build your own youth corps :)
Make yourselves good scouts and good rifle shots in order to protect the women and children of your country if it should ever become necessary.
--Lord Baden-Powell
Scouting for Boys (1908)

Offline the_mule

« Reply #184 on: July 22, 2014, 06:45:04 PM »
 ;D
If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under. ~ RR

Offline rutilate

• Instructor in Training
« Reply #185 on: August 05, 2014, 10:37:13 PM »
I recently accepted the invitation to start down the path to instructor and would love to access to the instructor areas so as to begin the process. AIM was the shoot boss, 8/1-2/14, Harvard, MA.

Offline Quigley Sharps

• Retired IIT
« Reply #186 on: August 15, 2014, 09:24:39 PM »
I shot rifleman at the McLean, IL Appleseed event August 9-10, 2014, score: 229, shootboss: The Editor.
I'm honored to have been offered an orange hat and begin learning as IIT. Thanks.
It's a lever-action, breach-loader. Usual barrel length's thirty inches. This one has an extra four. It's converted to use a special forty-five caliber, hundred-and-ten-grain metal cartridge, with a five-hundred-forty-grain paper patch bullet. It's fitted with double-set triggers, and a Vernier sight, marked up to twelve-hundred yards. This one shoots a mite further.

Offline Powder Blue

• Instructor In Training 1
« Reply #187 on: August 15, 2014, 09:32:44 PM »
My rifleman score was 224 and shot at Leroy, IL September 22, 2013. The shoot boss(es) were Steck and Nailer.  I just recently took an orange hat to become IIT at the McLean event.
"Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.  That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you have their shoes."      -Frieda Norris

Offline Zimms

• RWVA Instructor
« Reply #188 on: August 28, 2014, 10:06:02 PM »
I just volunteered as an IIT0 on August 16th, 2014 at McMiller in Eagle, Wisconsin with DrRichP as the Shoot Boss.  I shot my Rifleman in October 2013 at Racine, WI with Triggernick as the Shoot Boss. 

Zimms

Offline scoob

• RWVA Instructor
  • It's the LIBERTY, stupid!
« Reply #189 on: August 29, 2014, 11:27:14 AM »
To all of you here on page 7, and those before, and those to follow.... A very heart-felt "Thank You" for stepping up and volunteering to awaken those hearts and minds.

Since I have recently been handed my red bucket, I hereby pass my orange one along (notice I did not say "down") to you fine volunteers, to aid you in your bailing...

hip-hip  HUZZAH! 
hip-hip  HUZZAH! 
hip-hip  HUZZAH! 
Mike 'scoob' Underwood
Boise, Idaho
--------------------------------------------------------------
Be sure and LIKE and SHARE our Facebook page: 
Northwest Region Project Appleseed
--------------------------------------------------------------
During the whole affair, the rebels attacked us in a very scattered, irregular manner, but with perseverance and resolution, nor did they ever dare to form into a regular body. Indeed they knew too well what was proper, to do so. Whoever looks upon them as an irregular mob, will find himself very much mistaken. They have men amongst them who know very well what they are about..."Gen. Hugh, Earl Percy

Offline Ridge Walker

« Reply #190 on: November 01, 2014, 02:07:36 AM »
Maybe it is too soon, it's been about two weeks since my IIT was submitted, but it doesn't show yet. Thanks!   ::)
Live Free or Die

Offline Valkyrie7

• AC/RSO
  • "... if they want a war, let it begin here!"
« Reply #191 on: December 30, 2014, 11:06:21 AM »
I became an orange hat AND a blue hat (call me an overachiever) at the Myakka, FL event on December 13th with Rick Hall :) 

Thanks!
I would like to see every woman know how to handle firearms as naturally as they know how to handle babies. ~ Annie Oakley

Offline Cold Warrior

• Shoot Boss
« Reply #192 on: January 19, 2015, 01:31:34 PM »
New Orange hat at Lexington Park, MD Appleseed January 17-18, 2015.
"The hour is fast approaching, on which the Honor and Success of the Appleseed mission, and the safety of our bleeding Country depend. Remember citizens, that you are free men and women, fighting for the blessings of Liberty; that slavery will be your portion, and that of your posterity, if you do not acquit yourselves like Riflemen." ~ GW & Fred

Offline Sly223

• designated Shoot Boss
  • Those who stand by and do nothing shall have it!
« Reply #193 on: February 10, 2015, 03:44:33 PM »
IBC is now Scheduled for Florida Cadre,
Be there, No excuses!
11 & 12 April,2015 the weekend beforeApril19th so we can all be sharp.
Alkeford:host
Dunnellon,Fl.34433
 If any of you folks up North want to warm up for a couple of days do not let this chance slip away these are the greatest days of our lives! ..:..
In Liberty,
Sly223
"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
What have you done for this program lately?
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!
"Run all you want, you'll just die tired"!
There is U.S. & there is Dems!

Offline Hop

• Retired IIT
« Reply #194 on: February 11, 2015, 12:06:45 PM »
This looks like the IIT0 check in thread.

I finally took a hat a couple weeks ago after Slim's KD 2.0 "beta class".  We didn't shoot AQT that day but we did punish various steel targets out to ~650 yards. 

I'm a KD junkie and have done almost every single one for the last couple years here in Indiana.  I've shot 7 KD rifleman scores.  Highest one being a 38 out of 40 in the black (only hits in the black count here in IN).  I've only done 3 days of regular .22LR 25M Appleseed shooting.  I hope to score a Rifleman using a .22LR soon.

Offline Cord

• Retired IIT
« Reply #195 on: March 23, 2015, 10:45:05 AM »
You can sign up for events after looking at the Instructor Schedule here, which is only visible to Instructors and IITs.

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=2601.0

Follow the instructions on the very first post.  You can also find the name of your ShootBoss here as well.

If all else fails, contact me (via PM) and I will see what I can do for you.

Guy

"Hatted" a few years ago, but the forum was less organized back then and I never got the help I needed to help.  Re-qualified this past weekend (246, 243, 247 yea!) so I'd like to make a second push at the orange hat.  For the moment, it would appear that I don't have the authorization necessary to access the link above.  Can anybody address this for me?

Offline dirtdawg

• Inactive Instructor
« Reply #196 on: March 23, 2015, 12:13:33 PM »
What is your area Cord?  You will need to track back to your shoot boss and make sure they submit your information, so that the super secret squirrel forums will get "turned on" for you.

Offline JoeZ

• Senior Instructor-RBC/IBC
  • S.E. Wisconsin
« Reply #197 on: March 23, 2015, 08:46:58 PM »
Cord took the orange hat from me this weekend at Hubertus WI.
I've sent him a PM to make sure this is him and will be submitting a promotion to IP upon receipt.

JoeZ
"What is she, that cometh forth as the morning rising, fair as the Moon, elect as the sun, terrible as the army of a camp set in array?" Canticle of Canticles 6:9

Offline Cord

• Retired IIT
« Reply #198 on: March 23, 2015, 09:36:27 PM »
What is your area Cord?  You will need to track back to your shoot boss and make sure they submit your information, so that the super secret squirrel forums will get "turned on" for you.

Joe is my man so he's getting me all hooked up!  Earlier today mywWife caught me walking out of Cabelas having looked at some AR's.  Felt like I was busted walking out of a club.  Turns out she was headed in to look at the guns too!  Now I feel to walk across the street and talk to my neighbor.  I guess he owns a small gun barrel company called Krieger.

Offline Yankee Doodle

• Shoot Boss
  • North Carolina State Coordinator
« Reply #199 on: April 21, 2015, 12:19:16 PM »
I took my Orange Hat from Dakota on Patriots' Day at Charlotte after the final Red Coat and just before the Memorial Volley Sunday afternoon.  Been wanting to do this for a while and finally got the enthusiastic support of the Missus (she even got me registered for the IBC in Georgia in August for a Valentine's Day gift).

I look forward to working with all of you, passing on what Appleseed has taught me to ensure we once again become a nation of men and women "who know very much what they are about."
Young Members Committee -National Society,  Sons of the American Revolution

Interested in the SAR?  Shoot me a PM and I'll help you on the path to Being Revolutionary!

“Nil desperandum, -- Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it.”
― Samuel Adams

"Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!"  ~Patrick Henry, March 23, 1775 at St. John's Parish Church, Richmond, VA

First Rifleman: Ramseur- 26 June 2012
Requal/Orange Hat:  Charlotte - 19 April 2015
Red Hat: 27 April 2017
Shoot Boss: 10 February 2018
KD Qualified:  Ramseur -  30 December 2018

Offline Ant

• Retired IIT
« Reply #200 on: June 09, 2015, 11:32:24 PM »
Mine still says newbie, I have just now sent the PM to Dond.  I first volunteered at Sevierville, Tn. Shoot Boss was CokeGuy. May 30th, 2015

Offline Palousie

« Reply #201 on: July 01, 2015, 04:09:57 PM »
I finally shot Rifleman in the Appleseed the weekend of June 20-21 in Manchester, TN; Shoot boss was Claude Morse. I took my orange hat that afternoon. I have yet to receive the contract from him and my status on here has not been changed. What should I do?

Holly aka "Palousie"

Offline scuzzy

• Senior Instructor-RBC/IBC
  • Senior Staff: IT
« Reply #202 on: July 01, 2015, 06:00:56 PM »
I finally shot Rifleman in the Appleseed the weekend of June 20-21 in Manchester, TN; Shoot boss was Claude Morse. I took my orange hat that afternoon. I have yet to receive the contract from him and my status on here has not been changed. What should I do?

Holly aka "Palousie"

Hey Holly,

I'm about to send you a PM (Personal Message on forum) - we'll get you set. BTW - Claude is TNcolonel on the forum. I'll include him on the PM. Just click on 'Messages' to see PMs.

scuzzy
persona non grata

Offline Red Feather

• Instructor In Training 2
« Reply #203 on: September 01, 2015, 04:12:28 PM »
Hello fellow Patriots,
I became a Rifleman in New Smyrna Beach, FL on Patriots Day weekend 2013 and dawned a blue hat several month later.
It was an honor to switch my blue hat for an orange on Patriots Day 2015.
Count me in as an IIT.

Offline Quigley

« Reply #204 on: November 05, 2015, 09:00:27 AM »
I became a Rifleman on 10/24/15 in Stamford VT. I volunteered to accept the responsibilities of an orange hat at an AS in Guilford CT on 10/31/15.

I am pleased to be an IIT.

Offline JustaShooter

• Instructor in Training
« Reply #205 on: November 05, 2015, 08:08:18 PM »
I volunteered to accept the responsibilities of an orange hat at an AS in Guilford CT on 10/31/15.

Volunteered? You mean I had a choice? From where I was standing it looked to me like Corvette kind of made me an offer I couldn't refuse...  &)

LOL, just kidding!  I'm honored to have been offered an orange hat and accepted mine at the AS in New Philadelphia Ohio on 11/01/2015.
Christian, Husband, Father
Rifleman

NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Rifle & Pistol Instructor

Offline Terry J Riehl

« Reply #206 on: May 01, 2016, 10:57:25 PM »
I'm checking in as a new orange hat in Montana.
Thanks for the opportunity.

Offline Purple Lotus

« Reply #207 on: May 06, 2016, 06:39:00 AM »
I am a Orange hat from September 2015. Tornado was my shoot boss . I have assisted with the Winterseed in LeRoy this past February.
catrin1967
It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds. John Adams

Offline DBauer

« Reply #208 on: July 10, 2016, 10:48:35 PM »
Hello! I shot Rifleman June 12 in Racine at the RCLRC.  DrRichP gave me my orange hat.
We don't rise to the occasion. We fall back to our level of training.

Offline Tube Fed Guy

• "Tube Fed Guy"
« Reply #209 on: October 04, 2016, 02:22:57 PM »
Good afternoon,

I recently accepted an offer of an Orange Hat at our VA Shoot on Sept 10-11 at Montpelier

My ShootBoss was Bob Newton (FiremanBob)

I am attempting to fill out my IIT0 Progress Check, but the link in the document references an area on the Forum that I do not have access to.

Thank you.

-Doug (rhunter)
"Tube Fed Guy"