News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Coeur d'Alene, ID April 18th and 19th

Started by atticus, April 20, 2009, 01:22:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

atticus

This is just a quick post, I am on my way home but have a few minutes during a layover.

First, many thanks to Bob, Ron, Jim, Tom and the other members of the Fernan Rod and Club for hosting this event. Without your dedication and hard work, we could never have pulled off such a successful event.  THANK YOU!

Also, I want to thank the 42 Patriots that attended the shoot on Saturday.  The Volley for Liberty at 1:00pm was truly an amazing sensation.

You could not have asked for better weather, sunny and around 65 degrees with just a hint of a breeze.  Then add to that some of the most breath-taking  scenery I have every experienced.  However, none of that can compete with the wonderful attendees that persisted through the weekend.  They not only improved their marksmanship skills, they also learned about the sacrifices of our founding fathers and our responsibilities for preserving this heritage and the Great Nation that was passed on to us.

I'll add to this and post some great pics when I return home.

One more thing, we also made FIVE riflemen.
Pugna Pro Patria

Beware of the man that owns only one rifle, he probably knows how to use it.

Have you dry fired your rifle today?

SavageShootr

I'll add to this and post some great pics when I return home.

WOW!! Great job! CONGRATULATIONS to all of the Riflemen!! Congratulations also, to all those who attended.

Thanks for the report. Looking forward to seeing those pics and more information.

~SS
"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

James E

Great job Atticus!

I like the way you put it out there.  Short and sweet.

James E

Reformed Redneck

Friends,

I also would like to offer my thanks to the members of the Fernan club for their well appreciated help. It was truly a pleasure to work with you all. Also, thanks to Atticus, who did yeoman's work in keeping things going and up to speed. And thanks also to all of the participants. It was a pleasure to meet a bunch of new folks, and a few old friends, who really do care about the future of our nation.

There are two things here I would like to mention.

First, there were a number of you who indicated an interest in obtaining a transcript of the Sunday morning field sermon. You can access this by going to http://reformedrednecks2.blogspot.com/.

Second, Craig - If you see this, would you be kind enough to PM me with your contact information? I don't know how we missed exchanging info, but it would be great if we could stay in touch.

Lastly, the prospect of adding another shoot in Idaho later this year sounded pretty good during discussions with the Fernan members. Let's hope this becomes a reality.

Best regards to all,
the Redneck
I'll keep my faith, my family, my church, my liberty, my property, my money...oh, and my guns. You can keep the chains.

"...Of Zebulon, such as went forth to battle, expert in war, with all instruments of war...which could keep rank: they were not of double heart..."

Mort

I wish to add my thanks to the folks from the Fernan Gun Club for the weekend.  The facility and hospitality were wonderful.  The opportunity to shoot on reactive targets out to 400 yards at the end of the day on Sunday was awesome.  It was heartening to prove the value of the training poured out to us over the weekend (and the fact that I did indeed learn...).

Also, thanks to Atticus, RL, Taz & Redneck.  Their passion, patience and perspective was catching and appreciated.  I am thankful to have had the opportunity to receive this level of training and the historical perspective/context.  The volley was an incredible moment during the weekend.  To think that 2,000 folks were remembering and honoring our forefathers in a most appropriate way all at the same time was moving.  I think I shot my best redcoat of the weekend then. 

I have been taking that 7th step and talking up the weekend.  I think it would be great to have another go-around later this summer or early fall.  I suspect we have just begun to scratch the surface of interest in the area.  I know the folks I'm talking to are interested.

Thank you for putting the program together and the vision to make a difference.

Mort

atticus

Now that I've had time to rest and recuperate, I need to add a few items to this AAR, including a number of pictures.

The Fernan Rod and Gun Club (FRGC) is not only a great place to shoot, they were fantastic hosts and bent over backwards to accommodate the Appleseed Project.  Mort, I heard rumors of another AS near September; the FRGC is very busy hosting Military, Police and Civilian shoots.  However, Bob is working on finding us a date.  We have also worked out a plan to increase the limit of shooters to 70, so we will need everyone that attended this weekend to bring a few more Patriots.  It is also rumored that there just might be a Rifleman Boot Camp held in conjunction with the September AS.  Watch for updates on that info and let me know if you would be interested in attending.  I can personally guarantee one of the most challenging and rewarding "vacations" you will ever experience!

We had a total of 43 Patriots actually shooting and a number of visitors throughout the weekend, including some Army ROTC Patriots that watched on Saturday afternoon when they had completed their shoot further down the road.  They were VERY interested in our program, but were busy on Sunday preparing cadets for boot camp later this summer.

I want to thank each and every one of the participants that gave up a beautiful weekend to attend the CDA Appleseed.  You chose to come to an AS and celebrate the Shot Heard Around the World.  There is not a better way to celebrate Patriots Day than with the sound of gun fire, history and marksmanship instruction!  THANK YOU!

I also need to thank the instructors that gave their all on the weekend, TAZdevil, RL, ReformedRedneck and clodhopper.  You guys did a terrific job, we had two safe lines and plenty of excellent instruction!  We had so many shooters that we maxed out the rifle range and had to take over the pistol range.  That would have been more of a challenge but we had backup safety officers in FRGC members Ron, Bob, Jim and Tom; thank you men for lending your assistance.  I also need to thank ReformedRedneck for going above and beyond the call of duty by holding an optional service on Sunday morning.  He used quotes from a number of Revolutionary War era pastors to enlighten us on the founding of this great republic.  Last but not least, thanks to the volunteer cooks that served up a timely and delicious lunch both on Saturday and Sunday.  I hope I didn't miss anyone, if I did, break out the clown bat I will take my flogging willingly. :)

Our youngest shooter was one of Brian's daughters, I believe she was around 6 or 7.  It's easy to spot her in the attached photos, she is shooting a pink rifle!  The oldest shooter was Norm, a 72 year old Korean War Veteran.  That's not a bad spread and a great cross section of Patriots.

Check out these photos:

Pugna Pro Patria

atticus

Here's a couple of more pictures to make it an even 13:
Pugna Pro Patria

ttabs

Thanks again Atticus for the great shoot.  Ross and I were very impressed with the professionalism of instruction and the passion you all had for the program.  I've got my brother pumped for his shoot next month in WI.  He too will be bringing his son. 

I had to have told about .... oh ..... 13 people (lol) about the shoot this weekend.  I personally know the range officer down in Tri-Cities WA  (Pasco, Kennewick, Richland) located in south central WA.  I will strongly encourage him to find out how to host one of these shoots in the future.  If I were to make that happen, that'd be a small start on rule number 7. 

Now, on Monday morning, I received a copy of the latest Homeland Security Report outlining Right Wing Extremists.  If you have not seen this disturbing report, click on this

I too have some pics from the weekend.  When I figure out how to post them, I'll get them on here.  Thanks again Russ and everyone else who helped make this possible!   OUTSTANDING!!!!

Tom

atticus

Tom, thanks for the coming to the AS this weekend.  More importantly, for bringing your son.

On that note, I forgot to mention that we had a number of fathers and sons attend the CDA AS, which is not unusual.  However, we also had a Mother/Son team, and Brian brought his whole family, wife, son and daughters.  It is always great when we see young Patriots exposed to some American History and the tradition of the American Rifleman.  This assures us that this Great Nation will continue long after we are dead and gone.  Keep this in mind when looking for couch potatoes to bring to the next Appleseed shoot!  When Ben Franklin was asked what type of Government the Constitutional Convention had given America, he responded; "A Republic, if you can keep it."  When you bring the next generation, you are helping to keep our Republic strong.

As for the disturbing report, you will find that we Appleseeders have stopped worrying about ice burgs and have started working on the solutions; The Appleseed Project and Seventh Stepping.  You've already started, and I am sure it felt good as you talked about the weekend you just experienced.  Believe it or not, the more you do the better it feels.  The more people we get bailing, the further the water is from the gunwales.  KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!

I look forward to seeing your pictures, after you click on the "reply" button, look to the lower left of the text input box, you will see some blue letters that say "Additional Options".  Click, that and you will see the place to attach pictures.  I would advise you to reduce the number of pixels (resolution) and the size of the pictures, around 150k seems to work well.  If you have any problems, just let me know.
Pugna Pro Patria

RL

Let me make 2 Father of the Year Nominations. Out of all of our father-son teams this weekend, a couple stand out. Craig bought his son Nick a Stag Arms lefty AR-15...it's been waiting for Nick to shoot Rifleman...this weekend, at his 5th Appleseed, he nailed it. Nick was rewarded with his AR, already tricked out with accessories. Then he got to shoot his new AR on the KD portion. And he shot very well. I was going to make a second nomination...but I was going to do it without names, since this father didn't want any recognition. Then I realized that his son would read the posts and figure out who I was talking about anyway. Way to go Dads.

Note to self, and I mentioned this at the Appleseed. When I got Rifleman last year my dad didn't, and still hasn't. But for Father's Day. I gave him a rifle. I should have made him earn it!
...and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people.
John Adams, from the Boston Gazette, February 6, 1775

We live, my dear soul, in an age of trial. What will be the consequence, I know not.
John Adams in a letter to Abigail, 1774.

ttabs

Let's see how this works for pics ....

cannonman61

I just love to see the black powder musket demos at these Appleseeds. It really brings home the history portion of our program to show just what the men of 1775 were up against and had to use themselves in order to overcome.

You guys and all who provided such a demo at the April 18-19th events are to be commended!

CM61
Artillery lends dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl.

jeffdubya

Quote from: ttabs on April 22, 2009, 10:32:32 AMI had to have told about .... oh ..... 13 people (lol) about the shoot this weekend.  I personally know the range officer down in Tri-Cities WA  (Pasco, Kennewick, Richland) located in south central WA.  I will strongly encourage him to find out how to host one of these shoots in the future.  If I were to make that happen, that'd be a small start on rule number 7.

If Kennewick hosts, I would love to know about it.
"Enlighten the people, and tyranny and oppressions will vanish like night at the dawn of day." - Thomas Jefferson

ttabs

I'll keep you posted in our discussions about a Kennewick Appleseed. 

BTW - I ordered up a bunch of AQT targets.  Those along with a new 22/10 - I scored an unofficial "Rifleman" this weekend of 226 pts.  Ross and friend were working hard at 'er too. We shot for about 5 hrs on Sat and only then, had to leave due to rain.