News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Hot Springs, AR AAR - 4/12/24 - Pistol Clinc

Started by bright1, April 17, 2024, 06:10:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bright1

Ten shooters came out on the morning of April 12, 2024 at MVSA in Hot Springs, Arkansas to improve their pistol skills. The weather was near perfect, providing sunny skies and pleasant temps. After check-in, the Three Strikes were told.  Then, following the safety briefing, pistols were brought to the line.  Instruction and drills were the next order of business.  At lunch, we were treated to Captain's telling of Dr. Joseph Warren.  That story is one of my favorites and always gets to me. And I believe it had the same effect on everyone else this day.  After lunch it was back to the firing line where we began running PQT's, breaking for a rousing game of Big Dot/Little Dot.  After that, we shot one more PQT followed by the Hits Count target. 
This day, everyone brought an eagerness to learn, positive and can-do attitudes that resulted in continuous improvements made by all throughout the day with Stephen, Drew & John earning their Pistoleerâ„¢ patches.  In addition to the Arkansas instructor crew of Captain, Buddy Love, Guns & Hoses and Moto Man, we had the pleasure of Griffin's presence on the line. He had traveled down from Ohio and was an absolute pleasure to work with!  Thanks to Drew, Stewart, Kari, Stephen, Daniel, Charles, Aaron, John and Katherine for spending their Friday with us becoming more proficient with their pistols and, I believe, more aware of our history & heritage.  All indicated that they would be back to future Appleseed events.  Also a shout out to MVSA for the use of their range and their continuing support of the Appleseed program.  Huzzah!