News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Shelby, IN April 13-14, 2024

Started by Captain America, April 17, 2024, 06:03:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain America

We had an absolutely fantastic event here in Shelby, Indiana on April 13 and 14th last weekend. I can think of no greater honor to our founding fathers than to dedicate a weekend to liberty and heritage.

Although there were a couple of empty spots on the line, in the end, it turned out to be a good thing  because it really allowed us to get to know each other as a group. Project Appleseed does a lot of things well, and one of those is building relationships! We had a great opportunity to get to know our amazing students this weekend. They showed up with a fantastic teachable attitude, and were eager to learn more. By the time we got to lunch on Saturday, we hadn't even been on the line all that much  and they were already shooting amazing groups!  It was truly an honor to work with them. We were able to mint three brand new rifleman! Congratulations to Jason, Stephen, and Brandon! We also had three of our previously qualified rifleman requalify. Congratulations also to Tina, Robert, and Hemi286 (who was otherwise instructing all weekend, but had time to do one AQT).

I'd like to thank  all of our students who came out and sacrificed their weekend, and trusted us to make it worthwhile! Please don't forget the lessons we learned this weekend about our heritage and history. We can choose as individuals to live lives intentionally that make a difference in the lives of others in our community and in our nation. Let's keep working on our marksmanship skills, but more importantly, let's keep working on making our country better!

Myrradah

:--- 

Man, I got bit by a tic and had a rough following week. Good now but that was rough :)

Geek

The one thing that energized me at this event was the participant's passion for Liberty.  We had folks asking about ways to help us with our mission.  Be it helping at events, getting the word out, adding new ranges, or joining our ranks as volunteers.  The group of patriots at this weekend of celebrating our rights as Americans gave me a lot of faith that we can succeed in bailing our sinking ship.
"That gallant officer is General Fraser. I admire him, but it is necessary that he should die. Do your duty."  - Morgan's orders to Timothy Murphy at the Second Battle of Saratoga 1777, Oct 7

Our cause is just . . . our country will be grateful - George Rogers Clark

"This country has been made by the Timothy Murphys, the men in the ranks. Conditions here called for qualities of heart and hand that Tim Murphy had in abundance. Our histories should tell us more about the men in the ranks, for it was to them, more than to the generals that we were indebted for our military victories." -  Franklin Delano Roosevelt, as New York Governor, 1929, at the dedication of the memorial to Murphy