News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Ames IA AAR April 6-7 2024

Started by Rhysling, April 11, 2024, 11:56:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhysling

Project Appleseed returned to the Izaak Walton League in Ames IA the weekend of April 6 and 7.  Many thanks to the Ikes not only for hosting this event, but also for the long history of support!

Sixteen shooters braved cool temperatures and strong winds on Saturday to hear the Three Strikes of The Match, and learn and practice rifle marksmanship.  Of that number, twelve had not been to an event before.  Sunday brought warmer temperatures.  And rain.  And hail. 

Shooters persevered through the environmental challenges and sore muscles.  We instructors were impressed with just how focused they were.  The focus paid off in tremendous improvement from Saturday morning to Sunday afternoon.

Five shooters earned Rifleman patches on Sunday afternoon, including Brandon shooting 210, Philip 215, Jane 222, and Nicole qualifying twice with 216 and 218.  Jack went 4 for 4 in the afternoon, shooting 218, 234, 233, and 230 (including shooting Distinguished).  Not too bad for his first event!

Shooters - I was so proud of how hard you worked, and how eager you were to listen.  On behalf of all the instructors, thank you for coming out to spend the weekend with us!  It was a pleasure working with you, and I hope to see you at our next shoot!

Photos will follow

Rhysling

These folks earned minty new Rifleman patches.  Huzzah!

I guarantee dad is way prouder of his daughter than he looks!

Jane.Bird

It was an enormously fun weekend, hail and all! The patience, generosity, and thoughtful instruction was so welcome.

Already spreading the word and planning to bring some more new folks to the Winterset event in October. Encouraging friends to sign up at their local events, too!

Rhysling

Thanks for the kind words, Jane - so glad that you enjoyed the time!  See you in Winterset!

Also, keep an eye on the schedule - my guess is that we'll be adding some events for this summer.

Jane.Bird

Excellent! We'll definitely keep an eye out!

Drfury

It was a great shoot! Congrats to the new Riflemen!
Our liberties we prize and our rights we will maintain.

JHP

Thank you to all the instructors and fellow shooters for making last weekend so awesome! I learned a ton and am really looking forward to ongoing practice of these skills. I'll definitely be back for more - really hoping the known distance event in Searsboro ends up working out. Can't wait for the next one!

Rhysling

And a few more photos from the weekend:

Ramble

What a terrific day with the best people in America. Sorry I missed the second day. Hope to qualify at the upcoming Center City event. Semper Fidelis!