News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Phoenix, AZ - MAR 16 &17, 2024 AAR

Started by mr6actual, March 19, 2024, 06:14:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mr6actual

We had an amazing 25M event this past weekend at Ben Avery Shooting Facility. Having just attended an Instructor Boot Camp the previous month our instructors showed that attending an IBC provides a great opportunity to refine instructor skills. We had a sold-out event of 15 shooters with 3 walk-ons. 10 of those were First Time Appleseeders including 2 youth shooters aged 14 and 13.

The first wave of Redcoats knew they were in trouble when we had Courtney clear the Red Coat Target, four shooters hit the shingle and 7 shooters hit the 200. The remaining targets each had 2 shooters show their effectiveness at that range.

Having spent the majority of the morning going over our points of instruction it was time to put what we learned to work. The results were astounding. What a great group of... well... groups.

At the end of Day one, the Redcoats braved another advance, much to their dismay. 9 shingle hits.
 :yeahthat: Yes you read that correctly, NINE!!! Great Job James, Anna, Marianne, Bob, Courtney, Bill, Tom and Howard but SPECIAL shout out to Isaac one of our youth shooters who also put a round in the shingle.
We had 6-400 hits, 2-300 hits, 4-200 hits and 2-100 hits. James, Anna and Courtney CLEARED their Redcoats! 

We also had 4 shooters score Rifleman. James-220, Anna-227, Manny-227 and Courtney-223  :snipersmi

Day 2
After a brief review of safety and instruction topics, we assembled on the line to greet a new wave of Red Coats.
6 of us hit the 400, 4 of us took out the 300, 1 of our shooters took care of the 200 and 3 of us took out the 100.
 :snipersmi We had 9 shingle hits again and this time 5 of us cleared our Redcoats- James, Manny, Bill, Courtney and Rebekah. :partytime:

Due to the high level of persistence and focus from the shooters, we were able to get a total of 4 AQT's in. More Rifleman scores appeared. James-223/225, Manny-221, Bob-218

:snipersmi We had three shooters earn DISTINGUISHED!!!: Tom and Courtney with a 240, and Donalee with 242 after hitting 219 and 236.

As we ended the day, we took aim at our last wave of Redcoats. Unfortunately, and to plagiarize from Patrick Henry, a great gale swept from the north and not only brought to our ears the clash of resounding arms, but it also carried our Redcoats, and some of our target backers into the next county before we could tally the devastating results.

As much as it tried, it did not drown out the message and four of our shooters still heard the call to defend liberty. One Rifleman asked for a Blue Hat, (Bob, I will see you at our April Event) and 4 Rifleman asked for their Orange Hats!!! Anna, Tom, James and Manny, thank you!!! I will also see 3 of you at our April event.

Here are more photos
https://imgur.com/gallery/otlfQr8

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men."  "Nil desperandum, -- Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it." - Sam Adams

Procyon

What a great group of shooters! I appreciate how hard everyone worked on their marksmanship. My first time out as an instructor was a ton of fun.

See some of you again in April.