News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Memphis, TN - AAR – Mar 15, 2024 (One Day Pistol Clinic)

Started by Captain, March 18, 2024, 11:23:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain

Is this now a monthly event? Thank you to Top Gun for welcoming Appleseed and inviting us to this incredible facility. We had a couple of returning shooters and a strong showing of shooters attending their first Appleseed Pistol Clinic. A huge thank you to Top Gun Memphis for hosting this event! TigerDriver sets up the events and shooters keep coming out to shoot and hear a little about liberty.

After TigerDriver got us on the range and checked in the shooters, Old Navy Doc and myself started the program with safety. Then we were shooting and working on the fundamentals of pistol shooting. We took a break at lunch with BBQ from 2A BBQ and the Three Strikes of the Match.  After lunch we looked at transitions, malfunctions and shooting with one hand before taking a run at the Pistol Qualification Test. This was an experienced group. Everyone stayed focused and showed improvement. We had seven shooters make a qualifying score; great job! The top score of the day was TigerDriver with an impressive 240! Our afternoon challenge / competition was won with a perfect score of 40! 

Now for a few pictures . . . . click to see them full size and click again shrink down.

Group Photo

I conjure you by all that is dear, by all that is honorable, by all that is sacred, not only that ye pray, but that ye act. - John Hancock
There's things that gnaw on a man worse than dyin'. - Open Range

Old Navy Doc

I really recommend signing up early and attending this event. The facility is the best. The students are fun to work with and Captain and I were inspired by their improvement.
First AS: Ramseur 2/09
Rifleman: Charlotte 11/14
Orange Hat: Calera 1/15
KD Rifleman: Puryear 5/15
Red Hat: Sevierville  11/16
Rimfire KD: Huntsville 12/20
Pistoleer™: Huntsville 2/21

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men."  Plato

Captain

This was an experienced group of shooters and Appleseeders. The proof is the high number of patches. Congrats to all on the fine shooting . . .

Captain

Captain

Here's some shots of the shooters . . . shooting :)

switchback

Fantastic class, great instructors and perfect venue.

This was my first pistol clinic and I can't wait to do another one.

Gwbella

I was fortunate enough to attend two Appleseed events this past weekend. This was my second Pistol Clinic and it was just as beneficial as the first.  Besides just having a fun day and getting in a lot of shooting, there is always a good bunch of folks to meet and I always learn some new tips.

If you haven't done a Pistol Clinic, I absolutely recommend you take advantage of the opportunity. We are lucky enough to have several more clinics available. Top Gun is a primo indoor range, so there's no worry about the weather. Whether you're new to pistols, or an old hand, you'll learn something new to try, I'm sure.

JWC

Great time at my first Appleseed event!  Looking forward to many more.  Highly recommend this clinic for anyone at any shooting level.