News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Newberry, SC. March 16-17, 2024.

Started by DEH, March 18, 2024, 04:49:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DEH

Newberry, SC.  March 16-17, 2024.

It was the perfect weekend to have an Appleseed 25 meter rifle clinic right on the edge of Thomas Sumter National Forest at Newberry Pistol Club's rifle range.

We had a total of 6 shooters on Saturday and we lost one and gained one for a total of 6 on Sunday.  Two of which were prior attendees and Riflemen.

It is always good to see youth on the line and one Rifleman convinced three members of his family to come with him.

With the exception of a brief rain shower on Sunday, the weather was beautiful and near perfect.
Everyone showed their willingness to learn and work hard towards the goal of Rifleman.

We are pleased to announce that a Rifleman was able to requalify on Saturday and accepted an Orange hat on Sunday as an Instructor in Training.

One other person persevered and shot a Rifleman score halfway through Sunday and we were able to celebrate his success by awarding him the Rifleman Patch.

Everyone else clearly showed vast improvement compared to where they were on Saturday morning and we look forward to seeing them on the line again.  Hopefully at one of our upcoming South Carolina events, but even at events in neighboring states.

Many thanks to instructors Cleveland, TAZdevil, Dchelwig, upacreek, macsr, DEH.

We would also like to thank Newberry Pistol Club for their continued support of Project Appleseed by allowing us to use their rifle range.
-Appleseed: '08-IBC, '09-Red Hat, '09-FT Stewart, '10-RBC, '14, '15, '22 KD
-I.C.E '11 Combat Focus Shooting.
-Tactical Response. '09-'12
-Fighting Rifle/Pistol, Immediate Action Medical, Way of the Rifle
-MTN Guerrilla-2013/Irreg Warfare
-Max Velocity Tactical. 2013-2022. RIFLEMAN,TEAM COYOTE
 CRCDx2,Combat Patrol, Rifleman Challenge,CQB,CTT,FOFx2. DCHx2.
-2Cor10:4-5. For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; Casting down imaginations and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, & bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ.

TheMenace

Congratulations on a successful event! More to come I'm sure. Congratulations to the new Riflemen and Orangehat.
Dennis
Sons of Liberty!
Defend the Constitution,
The Law of Our Land
https://youtu.be/w6H12dyS8FI
Joshua 1:9

JustKim

Way to go!  Look forward to working with you!
ACCEPT YOUR WOBBLE!

It's not about perfection -- it's about progress!!

I LOVE this stuff!

"Perhaps you and I have lived with this miracle too long to be properly appreciative. Freedom is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction. It is not ours by inheritance; it must be fought for and defended constantly by each generation, for it comes only once to a people. Those who have known freedom and then lost it have never known it again."  Ronald Reagan

upacreek

Thanks for letting me crash the SC party.  This was a great shoot.  It was nice to see Dchelwig, TAZ and Cleveland again and meet DEH and mascr.  SC shooters are pretty sharp!  Come visit us in GA.

I know I got one of the Neils names spelled wrong - sorry about that.

The recent time change means we got to see the sun come up through the trees at this beautiful range.

Cleveland got to present TAZdevil his 50 event pin.  TAZ has been a volunteer for a LOT more than 50 events, but when you're with the program as long as he has, it's tough to pinpoint how many.  Thanks, TAZ!

TAZdevil helps Neil with his rifle

Neil's steady hold factors look spot on

Cleveland teaches the group about talking targets

mascr does a great job teaching IMC

I'm not sure what Dchelwig is saying, but I like his happy hands

DEH teaches the carding the sights drill with Alex as a model - thanks Alex

The carding the sights drill shows how great the ratio between instructors and shooters we had this weekend.

Dchelwig cards Andy's sights

All of them try out the seated position

Neil requalified as a rifleman with every AQT - even with the iron sights he used on Sunday - nice job!

mascr reminds everyone of the line commands and how to treat ammo difficulties Sunday morning

What else should we do during a brief shower - Cleveland finishes up teaching known distance

James in prone - looks great!

mascr reviews talking targets

Dchelwig reviews all of the positions with Alex as his model on Sunday morning

Father and son-in-law helped each other out with the ball and dummy drill

We got to shoot out to 100 yards!  This is a beautiful range.  It was a nice way to end the weekend.

Neil takes an orange hat - welcome to the Appleseed family!  He brought 3 friends/relatives with him and they all came very prepared for the event thanks to Neil's coaching.  2 of the 4 scored rifleman scores.  The other two were determined to try with iron sights (and one with a tube-fed too).  Their form was great, but iron sights are really tough. - Next time
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

nreamer

Wow, great photos!  Thanks for doing that upacreek!  I was honored to accept the orange hat!  I will be getting off to a slow start due to a ton of commitments that are on my plate, as I told DEH.  I hope to have most of that cleared away by the end of July.  Retirement is so busy!  You got my name right, the other one spells his name with an A.  We generally call each other A and I!

I had a great time, as did the other 3.  It was great seeing my brother in law get his patch on his first Appleseed!  To be fair, I shot with him exactly once, so I take no credit.  It was all on him and the excellent work of the instructors! 

My son in law improved tremendously.  He struggled with iron sights, both on pistol and rifle before the clinic.  I encouraged him to give it a go with the irons, and he did.  I think if he was able to come to another clinic fresh, he could do it. 

The other Neal struggled, but also came away determined to come back.  Next time he declared it will be with a scope and a 10/22.  I think he is planning on using my rifle!  He wanted to give it a go this time with his rifle and iron sights, but his eyes just tired out and the issues with the rifle just were too much. 

We all had a great time!  Everyone and I do mean everyone had only great things to say about the experience, the instruction, and of course the instructors!

I am looking forward to working with all the excellent people in the Appleseed Project!

Neil 

DEH

Looking forward to seeing you on the trail.
-Appleseed: '08-IBC, '09-Red Hat, '09-FT Stewart, '10-RBC, '14, '15, '22 KD
-I.C.E '11 Combat Focus Shooting.
-Tactical Response. '09-'12
-Fighting Rifle/Pistol, Immediate Action Medical, Way of the Rifle
-MTN Guerrilla-2013/Irreg Warfare
-Max Velocity Tactical. 2013-2022. RIFLEMAN,TEAM COYOTE
 CRCDx2,Combat Patrol, Rifleman Challenge,CQB,CTT,FOFx2. DCHx2.
-2Cor10:4-5. For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; Casting down imaginations and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, & bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ.