News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Leesburg Ares Range March 16 & 17, 2024

Started by Pirategirl, March 18, 2024, 08:34:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pirategirl

What a weekend!  We had 12 souls attend this weekend's event at the wonderful Ares Training Facility in Leesburg, FL.  The shooters ranged in age from less than 10, to more than 70!  What a great group of Americans we had!  Suffering through tough heat, not a single person quit, nor complained to slow down!  Troopers!  Over the 2 days new Riflemen were revealed.  Karen has been to a few events and she proved she knows very well what she is about.  Her husband Freddie is not going to be far behind!  Determination is the word of the day!  They brought another set of wonderful people.  Jacob (Ricky Bobby) and Eagle Eye Ellie!  IF we can get Jacob to SLOW DOWN he will be patching very, very soon.  Ellie started the weekend a little rough, but ended in all smiles!  She got out of boot camp in 1 day!  OUTSTANDING!  Once she gets her own rifle, she is going to be a force to be reckoned with.  Lincoln was our young shooter.  Less than 10 years old, he showed those big boys how to play!  He turned in some amazing scores and earned high praise from ALL the instructors!  He will be on the line again!  Not to be outdone, his dad Steve turned in a whopping 200 on his first Appleseed!  WOOHOO!!!  That is 1 shot in the 5 ring on stage 4!  Jemma is our resident rock star.  She didn't have a score less than 210 all weekend!  She is on the war path to the distinguished 240 score.  She will get it next time.  I'm confident!  Alex!  Even with a little help from his neighbors, he still managed to knock out a 191!  Next time Alex.  I will put you on the far end, away from the big boomers, and NO CROSSFIRE!  Daniel!  Boy did we have fun!  Even with all the brass raining down from the heavens from Nick, you still cranked out a 197!  HUZZAH!! That right there is proof in the pudding of natural ability.  Dave S.  I know I gave you a hard time being from that team up north (M), but you know how to SHOW UP!!!  212, 212, and a 214?  Come on down!!  Maybe there is hope for you yet as a BUCKEYE!  I'll keep tryin.  NICK!!!!  Whoop, whoop!  We've been trying, and man!  YOU DID IT!!!!  You earned that patch, and you did it with STYLE!  You look good in orange, but RED is your color!  Let's do it!  Welcome to the team.  David H!  Age is definitely not a factor!  First Appleseed event, Never slowed down, never quit, AND got to see your son get his Orange Hat!  I know you are so proud.  You had very respectable scores, and all of us talked about how GREAT you are.  What a legend, what a legacy!  Let's do it again my friend.  All in all, a fantastic weekend.  You all had the instructors so pumped up, we took over 200 pictures!  What?!  Crazy!  I will attach links below to the pictures.  You were the students we will always remember with the greatest attitudes I have ever seen.  The instructors mentioned it over and over again.  Kudos to you all, and PLEASE let's do it again!!!

Pirategirl

https://imgur.com/a/TK1ELK7
https://imgur.com/a/f5HEUeV
https://imgur.com/a/cmkDOT9
https://imgur.com/a/vKVWnSo
https://imgur.com/a/D1LBmx9

What doesn't kill you makes cool scars, and scars are tattoos with better stories.

Pirategirl

What a great looking crew!
What doesn't kill you makes cool scars, and scars are tattoos with better stories.

rambo granny

Every single student in this group went beyond the phrase "exemplified a teachable attitude". What an absolute honor to work with everyone on the line! A great group of instructors plus extremely teachable students is an unbeatable path to success. This showed in students progressing &/or repeating their highest scores.
It is Soooooo much fun to see new IITs gaining skill and confidence throughout the weekend too. Wonderful sponges to learning.😁
RBC @ IDMR 02/17, requal KD May 2017 @IDMR 49/50,
RBC IDMR 1/18: requal KD, Shingle shot & 2 MOA steel shot @ 300,
RBC IDMR 1/19: requal KD;  >100 events; Post accident>Adaptive 4 min AQT scored 5/1/22
This info block too small for ancient instructors.😉

The IMPOSSIBLE is Not always impossible when an IAO (improvise, adapt, & overcome) is applied! Add focus, creativity and stubborn to win!

Quote from a very wise man, our own amazing Scuzzy:
"Pray. But eventually you're going to have to pick up a rock." - David

TheMenace

You guys rock in Leesburg! Congratulations to the students and Instructors for an excellent performance.
Dennis
Sons of Liberty!
Defend the Constitution,
The Law of Our Land
https://youtu.be/w6H12dyS8FI
Joshua 1:9

JustKim

HOOZAH!  Way to beat the heat!  Congrats to all of the shooters and all of the promotions!
ACCEPT YOUR WOBBLE!

It's not about perfection -- it's about progress!!

I LOVE this stuff!

"Perhaps you and I have lived with this miracle too long to be properly appreciative. Freedom is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction. It is not ours by inheritance; it must be fought for and defended constantly by each generation, for it comes only once to a people. Those who have known freedom and then lost it have never known it again."  Ronald Reagan

floridanick

Thank you all for running another amazing event. Without your patience and great teaching I wouldn't have made rifleman. Thanks again and I look forward to helping out at the next one now that I have a hat!
Great shooting across the board from everyone who participated!

P.s. my dad had a great time too and spoke very highly of everyone!

P.p.s. Alex is going to try and convince his wife to come along to an event, and dad and I are trying to convince my mom too  😅👍. Haha wish us luck

9mm4545

I just received in the mail a certificate recognizing 14 years(!) of service with Project Appleseed. Groups like the one in Leesburg over the weekend are the reason why I keep coming back for more. If our sinking ship is to be saved, it will be due to folks like you. Practice perfectly and all of you will be wearing the Rifleman patch.
The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837