News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

RKD Plymouth MI - March 9-10, 2024

Started by T. WOLF, March 13, 2024, 09:58:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T. WOLF

I'd like to extend our gratitude to Western Wayne County Conservation Association for making their 200yd range available to Project Appleseed last weekend.  WWCCA is a beautiful club, and it was awesome to have 200 yards to work with in Southeast Michigan.  Our shooters made good use of the opportunity!

We had an experienced group of Appleseeders out on the range with us, and after recapping the fundamental marksmanship techniques, we advanced on to the Three Challenges of a Rifleman: Target Detection, Range Estimation, and Making the Shot.  Shooters maintained a positive attitude as they contended with lots of mud, snow, freezing temps, and 30-40mph wind gusts over the course of the weekend. Congratulations to our Riflemen who qualified on the 200yd range and earned their 'Rimfire KD' rocker!

Moo
Shepard
Turnquist
Lesko
Scuba

Special recognition is due to to Jesus, who not only coordinated our event with the club, but wowed everyone with a Distinguished score of 49 hits!  Nice shooting buddy  O0

Having access to a 200yd range also afforded us the unique opportunity to engage Morgan's Shingle, a 4" x 5.25" piece of steel which was hung at a distance of 125 yards.  Despite the gusty winds, four of our Riflemen managed to ring the steel and earn themselves the coveted 'Morgan's Riflemen' patch - congratulations to Jesus, Shepard, Scuba and Moo - fantastic shooting guys!

I'd like to thank our wonderful instructors who cycled through on Saturday and Sunday to support our shooters KD aspirations - Pookie, Number6, ITB, Pocket Watch, MrSurplus, and Miki - thank you so much, you made my job easy  ;)

We would love to see our RKD shooters take on the full distance centerfire KD event in Dorr at the end of this Summer, but it's almost sold out!  Hopefully one of you can grab that last ticket.  With the continued support of ranges like WWCCA we hope to add more KD events to the Michigan schedule in the future.

CLICK HERE FOR EVENT PHOTOS!

"There is nothing which I dread so much as a division of the republic into two great parties, each arranged under its leaders, and concerting measures in opposition to each other." ~John Adams 1780

MI-copperhead

Sounds and looks like a pretty hardy crew of instructors and Rifleman! Congratulations to all who participated and persevered.
Morgan's Rifleman 250 yard cold bore, 10/29/2022, Tusco Rifle Club, New Philadelphia OH KD/Rifle M1A w optics/Prone
"Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God ! I know not what course others may choose, but as for me, give me liberty or give me death ! " Patrick Henry
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty, than to those attending too small a degree of it. "
Thomas Jefferson
"Stand your ground; don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here." Capt. John Parker
" I have'nt a man who 's afraid to go." Capt Isaac Davis
"I would say that the majority of Americans have no real sense of the value and the uniqueness of being a U.S. citizen.  Once they realize what they have, they are less likely to stand by while some politician attempts to whittle down their rights."  Troy a.k.a. solarguy