News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Palm Bay, FL Mar 9-10, 2024 AAR

Started by TheMenace, March 12, 2024, 02:57:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheMenace

We had another great shoot at the Port Malabar Rifle and Pistol Club in Palm Bay, FL this
weekend. PMRPC graciously let Appleseed use their new training range which allows for 25
lanes and both centerfire and rimfire rifles. While the weather started gloomy on both
mornings, by lunch the sunshine was out, and things were heating up.

There was a great turnout of 19 shooters and most of the instructors got a chance to shoot AQTs too.
We had 2 new shooters on the line with a majority of returning folks. They all showed up with
teachable attitudes and the scores and hit counts were the receipts. Many of the shooters were
on centerfire as many are gearing up for the Full Distance KD event at the end of March.

Saturday was off to a nice start with many shooters scoring just under 200. Saturday closed out
with 4 Riflemen scores. New Riflemen include Drew on a rimfire and Shawn on a centerfire.
Conner and Kevin both recertified their Riflemen standing on centerfires. Fred, our youth
shooter, saw much improvement this Saturday over his last run and was recognized with a
William Diamond patch.

The heat and sun from Saturday reduced our attendees on Sunday. The 14 that returned clearly
absorbed the lessons from Saturday. Sunday AM started off with 8 shooters hitting the shingle
and 4 shooters (including 1 instructor) clearing the Redcoat with centerfire rifles.

Sunday concluded with David (KOF - requalify) and Jerry (new Rifleman) joining the Rifleman ranks for
the weekend. The instructors were not to be shown up. CodyClemonade, JC/DC, Louie Louie,
and Bolter requalified on their centerfire rifles too.

Welcome to the new volunteers! Connor, Jerry, and Shawn all volunteered and are new IITs.
Amy joined the Applecore. Thank you all for joining the team. You all are wonderful to
work with and your sense of humor fits right in with the Palm Bay cadre.

Final note, we also had promotions this weekend with Louie Louie completing his IPC, his
orange hat was turned into a target with many holes. Louie looks good in his new Redhat.
SweetCarolyn is officially an IIT4 and is getting ready for her IPC in the coming weeks.
I can speak for all the instructors; we enjoyed this weekend and hope to see everyone at future
events.

Link to pictures: https://flic.kr/s/aHBqjBhgpt

Sara
Sarea_51, SBiT
Sons of Liberty!
Defend the Constitution,
The Law of Our Land
https://youtu.be/w6H12dyS8FI
Joshua 1:9

JerBear

It was a fun weekend. Glad I was able to make it.

Congrats Louie you deserve it brother.

codyClemonade

It was great to see so many familiar faces! Can't wait to see everyone at the KD. While we had several riflemen, we have more on the brink. Dry fire and you'll be there!

JC/DC

What a fantastic event! All shooters should be proud of their efforts. Congratulations to our newest Riflemen.
Thanks to our newest Orange and Blue hats for stepping up to support Appleseed.
Lastly, congratulations to Lou. You're a great instructor and it's about time we got that red hat on your head. I'm glad you were able to keep your blood sugar up over the weekend.

gunjunkie

Be aware of yourself and everything around you.

Honesty is the first chapter of the book of wisdom! Thomas Jefferson

We shall pass this way on earth but once, if there is a kindness we can show, or act we can do, let us do it now,for we will never pass this way again.
Stephen Grellet

KOF

I thought last weekend was great!  The shooter's showed a lot of improvement from the first Red Coat to the last shot on Sunday.  I was glad to see some orange hats join the team and congratulations to Lou for getting his Red hat.  Thanks to Jerry for helping me work on my Rifleman's Bubble by peppering me with 6.5 Grendel shells.  I look forward to shooting with everyone again.
"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be" Thomas Jefferson - 1816

Louie Louie

Appreciate the kind words...just maybe not JC/DC's pic. ;)
I think the watermelon one was better.

And it was a great weekend. New hats and new riflemen with several on the cusp.

I have to say a big thanks to TheMenace. On behalf of the entire cadre of instructors in Central Florida and everyone in the organization who has had a chance to work with you, THANK YOU. We are all better off for knowing you and being able to work along side you.

You sir, make a difference. We appreciate all you do and the way you do it!