News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Sallisaw, OK May 2-3 2009

Started by ben1775, May 05, 2009, 05:50:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ben1775

Another great weekend with great folks! As usually a good time was had by all and I thoroughly enjoyed myself.

The weekend was full of rain but all in attendance persevered and shot through the conditions. Had two junior shooters one about nine the other around 13 and both hung with it through the cool and wet conditions.

Congratulations to our new Rifleman! And thanks to all who came out and stuck with it. I hope to see you all out on the trail again.

And a big thanks to the landowner who did all he could to make this event successful and to make it as comfortable for everyone as possible.

Can't wait for the next one.

Ben

smle

I really must echo what ben1775 said.

Seeing old friends and meeting new ones is always a good thing.

With one new rifleman and his son knocking on the door using a bolt action 22. He was kinda speechless when oldgrunt gave him a challenge coin.

One gentleman using a special edition 10/22 with a really nice stock and no sling posting scores from 190 to over 200 for most of Sat. and all day Sun. was something else to boot.

And the weather....well lets just say it was typical Appleseed shooting weather.
If it's stupid and it works, it ain't stupid
If we forget what we did, we won't know who we are. Ronald Reagan
Courage is being scared to death - but saddleing up anyway. John Wayne

oldgrunt

DITTO ALL THE ABOVE...AND I DO GIVE OUT COINS TO THE YOUNGER SHOOTERS FOR HANGING IN THERE.....Its not easy keeping focused and tryimg to shoot a rifle that doesnt fit .lol but most kids just keep pushing ..So when I see a kid thats trying to shoot a high score and gets bumbed out I always try to find a way to turn that frown upside down ...I myself think that the kids are whats going to keep this program moving ahead...

I look forward to more dads and moms bringing the kiddo's out to shoot...Look for a shoot in Tulsa very soon ....I think I can sell that one out FRED....Yes if I get the site i want it will sell out and with media coverage aswell.. look for a spot on the outdoor channel too very soon seems the crew at the tv shoe shooting gallery is looking for a event this fall to film so get ready everyone they are coming and you can blame me when it happens .We all better have our history polished up lol bye
Follow Me..I am the Infantry..
                                         Iron Mike

THE MAN COMES AROUND..Johnny Cash

"If there must be trouble,..Let it be in my day,That my child may have peace".....

THOMAS PAINE

BigShow

Thank you ALL for dedicating your time and energy this past weekend!  My son told me that he wanted to skip school Monday and show up at the range, so I guess he really enjoyed himself.

I look forward to attending the next shoot, bringing a few 'cooks' with me.

oldgrunt

BTT for pics more to follow
Follow Me..I am the Infantry..
                                         Iron Mike

THE MAN COMES AROUND..Johnny Cash

"If there must be trouble,..Let it be in my day,That my child may have peace".....

THOMAS PAINE