News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Texas Has a New Red Hat - ScottInTX

Started by AF5US, February 28, 2024, 03:45:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AF5US

Ladies and gentlemen, please join me in congratulating Texas' newest red hat - ScottInTX!

Scott has really gone above and beyond in helping the program.  I've had the privilege of watching him proceed through the trainee stages - He clearly prepared well in advance, and always took constructive criticism kindly and seriously.  Even though there is no orange hat advancement at pistol events or known distance events, Scott always went above and beyond to ask how he could help - and then handled tasks above his pay grade, and did it with style.  And then - Scott attended not one, but TWO instructor boot camps to help him prepare.  I happened to be involved in the second boot camp, and when I asked how he performed in small groups when I wasn't looking the feedback was (and I quote): "Dude, just give that guy a red hat now and be done with it."

Scott, I can't tell you how much we appreciate all of the effort you've put in to the program and how big of a help you are.  I guess that the only other thing I can say is . . .

:F  :F  :F Huzzah! Huzzah! Huzzah!  :F  :F  :F
 O0  O0  O0
Rifleman:                          04/2016
Known Distance Rifleman:  10/2018
Pistoleer™:                          08/2019
Distinguished Rifleman:      07/2020
Morgan's Shingle:              12/2021
Standing Morgan's Shingle: 11/2022
Member: GOA (Gun Owners of America)
Member: FPC (Firearms Policy Coalition)
Life Member: NRA (National Rifle Association)

AF5US

The man in action
Rifleman:                          04/2016
Known Distance Rifleman:  10/2018
Pistoleer™:                          08/2019
Distinguished Rifleman:      07/2020
Morgan's Shingle:              12/2021
Standing Morgan's Shingle: 11/2022
Member: GOA (Gun Owners of America)
Member: FPC (Firearms Policy Coalition)
Life Member: NRA (National Rifle Association)

scuzzy

Nice. Thanks Scott and all that helped to get him there. O0
An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

Gugisman

Huzzah Scott!

I very much look forward to working the line, and holding the line, with you in the future!
The right to freedom is the gift of God Almighty....The rights of the Colonists as Christians may be best understood by reading, and carefully studying the institutes of the great Lawgiver and head of the Christian Church: which are to be found clearly written and promuligated in the New Testament.
― Samuel Adams

ArmyVet

Congrats! Thanks for bailing with a bigger bucket!  :beer:
The difference between a novice and a master: the novice does it until they get it right. The master does it until they can't get it wrong.

JustKim

ACCEPT YOUR WOBBLE!

It's not about perfection -- it's about progress!!

I LOVE this stuff!

"Perhaps you and I have lived with this miracle too long to be properly appreciative. Freedom is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction. It is not ours by inheritance; it must be fought for and defended constantly by each generation, for it comes only once to a people. Those who have known freedom and then lost it have never known it again."  Ronald Reagan