News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

History Review / March Libertyseeds in WA

Started by CaptainRebop, February 25, 2024, 03:42:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptainRebop

Hey all!

I'm working on getting a History Review scheduled in WA, likely in the Bothell / Kenmore area.  We're going to pair this with a Libertyseed (or two!) so that it counts towards an IIT4 PC.  I am still working on confirming the venue for this event, but I have set a date:  March 23/24th, 2024.

Instructors, please try to set this time aside and join us as we all learn how to be effective at presenting the history we teach here at Appleseed.  Get some hands-on practice before our 2 April events so we're all in top form during our Patriots' Day events this year.

This is not an official History Boot Camp, but it is a great place to get together with other WA instructors and talk about the history, and learn how to tell it in ways that inspire people.

See you then!

CaptainRebop

Hey all,

I've booked venues for this event.  We're going to run this as a combination history review and set of LibertySeeds.  Those LibertySeeds will light up in TIPS shortly.  I'm posting their locations below in case you want to share that info with friends and family.  Be aware that this event has a different location on Saturday than on Sunday!

The plan for this event is to meet at 11am both days (Saturday and Sunday) for history review, opportunities to hear experienced instructors tell the history, and opportunities to get feedback on your own presentation of the history.  We'll round out each day with a Libertyseed open to the public at 4pm.

Please prepare for this event by reading through Paul Revere's Ride by David Hackett Fischer.  It's fairly short, and it's available as an audiobook!  Ping me if you need to borrow a copy.

LibertySeed #1:

Date: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024
    Time: 4:00 pm
    Location: Snoqualmie Public Library - 7824 Center Boulevard SE, Snoqualmie, WA 98065

LibertySeed #2:

Date: Sunday, March 24th, 2024
    Time: 4:00 pm
    Location: Bothell Public Library - 18215 98th Avenue NE, Bothell, WA 98011

Sign up on TIPS here:  https://appleseedinfo.org/tips/sign-up-shoot-state.php?qstate=WA&statename=Washington

Hope to see you there!