News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

April Tanner Gun Show - 25 & 26 April - Help Needed

Started by Franktown_Kid, April 17, 2009, 01:12:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Franktown_Kid

The next Tanner Gun Show is coming up and we have an Appleseed Table. We need volunteers to work the show.  We will man the table in shifts, so nobody will be stranded there all day or all weekend. That means bring lot's of money to buy guns and ammo with!

4 shifts during the show, with 2-3 people per shift:

Saturday, April 25
Shift 1: 8:30 am - 1:00 pm         4.5 hrs - Franktown Kid, Vacant
Shift 2: 12:30 am - 5:00 pm       4.5 hrs - Franktown Kid, Vacant

Sunday, April 26
Shift 3: 8:30 am -  1:00 pm          4.5 hrs - Zombie Hunter, Slung Jury
Shift 4: 12:30 am - 6:00 pm          5.5 hrs (show ends at 4:00 estimate two hrs for teardown, it was faster last time - bring work gloves and a jacket. They open the overhead doors so vehicles can load out, and it can get chilly.) - Colorado Pete (maybe), Vacant

Set up is Friday noon - 8 pm - I'll do set up some time in that window. Actual time not determined yet. Anyone else who wants to help should call or email or pm and we'll set a mutually agreeable time. It's a chance to preview the show before it opens, and cherry pick the guns. Will take an hour or so.

I will be there Saturday. I hope to be absent for a High-Power match Sunday am, and afterwards will return to help close down the booth, arriving about 3pm.

If you want to buy ammo, best to be there early Saturday. By 10:00 the selection will be picked over.

If you're working the table, walk past the line, enter the building, and go to the counter on the right and ask for your badge / credentials. Tell them you're with Appleseed.

If you're bringing a firearm in, be sure to get a sticker so you can leave with it later w/o a background check! If you want to bring something to sell, fine, bring it. After all it's a gun show.

Stuff we'll need / have:

 Stack of SWAT Brochures (have)
 Redcoats (have a bunch)
 Appleseed Flyers (will print them off Friday)
 Display of all the targets we use
 Talking Targets display (still working on this)
 Sight Picture display (and this)
 IMC, trajectory and cone of fire display (and this)
 Blown up pictures of an Appleseed shoot (does anyone have any?)
 Banner over the table - 7ft by 48" (have)
 Gasden & Betsy Ross flags - (Zombie is bringing)
 Four little American table size flags (have)
 Poles, c-clamps to hold banner, flags (trying a new improved version)
 Table cover and non slip strip to put under it (have)
 Two or three folding chairs, trash can (have)
 Gaffer tape (have)
 Rifles: LTR-Irons, 10-22 stock for sling demo (I will bring these)
 Rifles: M1 (I will bring mine, Saturday, but will be using it Sunday. Can some one bring an interesting hi power rifle for Sunday?)
 Rifles: Other typical A/S rifles (if you want to bring one or more do so - hey it's a gunshow!)
 For Sale - Some books, LTR parts, Slings and hardware, who knows what else.

"Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will. Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them, and these will continue till they have been resisted with either words or blows, or with both. The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they suppress." - Frederick Douglass

zombiehunter

I'll at least join you for the Sat AM rush on Shift 1. 

And I'll make it up there Friday evening after work for the setup if you're still up there after 5:30 or so.
Join the Nebraska Firearms Owners Association! http://www.nebraskafirearms.org/

Colorado Pete

Sunday PM again might work for me, gotta double check my schedule first...
"Good shooting is good execution of the fundamentals. Great shooting is great execution of the fundamentals. X's are what you want. Tens are okay, but nines indicate you've got a problem" - Jim Starr
"The purpose of shooting is hitting" - Jeff Cooper

zombiehunter

After discussions at Appleseed today, Instead of Shift 1, I'll take the Shift 3 on Sunday AM so FranktownKid can go to the high power shoot.  Though, I'll still try to swing by Saturday AM to bring flags for the display. 

Z

Colorado Sam

Whose flags did we have hanging at the club house this weekend?

zombiehunter

With the exception of my Gadsden, they were Newman's.  And they're likely safely back in Casper by now.

Colorado Sam

Dang those were nice flags.

We want to figure some way out for funding, so the shows and advertising arent coming out of our pockets
(You and Franktown Kid have been amazing about this)

Franktown_Kid

Calling Denver Area Appleseeders!

We still have openings for Saturday and Sunday PM to work the Tanner Gun show. If you can help, contact me soonest. For more information check to top post in this topic
"Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will. Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them, and these will continue till they have been resisted with either words or blows, or with both. The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they suppress." - Frederick Douglass

zombiehunter

I'm headed up to Tanner in a few minutes.  Slungjury and I will be at the Appleseed table this morning (and afternoon unless somebody(s) want to come and relieve us... hint hint).  Even if you can't volunteer this afternoon and you come up to the show, then stop by and say hi.  When you enter, walk along the far right wall (about 2/3 of the way back) and we'll be at the booth at the end of aisle 8S with the huge, blue Appleseed banner.  Hope to see other 'seeders there!