News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

April 19th 2009 Grandfield Oklahoma[..BadLands...]

Started by oldgrunt, April 17, 2009, 12:19:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldgrunt

Its here .......AND ITS TIME TO ROLL OUT....I hope everyone has a safe trip..Look for Old Glory flags to mark turns and hilltops .. So somewhere about 9 miles out of town on Hwy 70 heading west just look on the north side of the road .Turn in north You should see the next road in .. There should be someone in the campsite by noon ..Call me if you need something..580 278 6098 Cya soon...
Follow Me..I am the Infantry..
                                         Iron Mike

THE MAN COMES AROUND..Johnny Cash

"If there must be trouble,..Let it be in my day,That my child may have peace".....

THOMAS PAINE

okiewino

Thanks for the great shoot, I fully plan to find a way around my disabilities and get that Riflemans badge,  :~ :~ :~ this is so totally different from Bench Rest, I had forgotten how much fun the three or as in the USMC the four position shooting, standing kneeling setting and  >:(prone!
Thanks again and you will see us again soon.

"To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical"..Thomas Jefferson

Sooner67

Great shoot! We all had a blast hope to see you again at another one here in Oklahoma,looks like a few of us are gonna make the Osage Beach,Mo in June...See you soon ;D

oldgrunt

I am Hoping to be able to post a full AAR later but  if someone else beats me to it thats fine ..lol I cant find anything that I can say other than fantastic!!!!!We had two IIT that stood in the gap and made things happen.....Both flyboy and hench made the line flow well thanks guys for helping out..WOW Flyboy you told the strikes very well ...We had lots of great kids and Like I said over and over again I do this for the kids ...And I wasnt let down not once you kiddo's were fun to hangout with..DAD and MOM'S you are doing the right thing .They all were so polite it drove me nutzzzz I am just chris not Sir ...lol Each one of them shot so well it was such a joy to walk down and see that they all listened and tryed so hard to improve each time we gave instruction.As I walked around in the parking lot and in the campsites I heard and seen folks talking about 6 steps and what each one did wrong and what they did right..This stuff works doesnt ? lol Yep Even a little 7 year old boy with a cricket would tell me what he was doing as he held the rifle up for 2 days cracking the targets...Ethan you rock boy ..On either side of him was his dad and granddad you could see the pride in there eyes to see the that little boy just getting it .lol We as riflemen chase the patch and the scores of 210 or better but Ethan had bigger plans!!!!!!His first puppy dog!!!!!And All he had to do was keep shooting the targets and stay focused ..I think the little guy got his German sheppard puppy and he named it DAISY ....There was so many folks there that just said nothing but great things and I do hope they share it with us what they felt about this event ..Like I said this is not the AAR so look for more later and a few pics too..All in All it was one more event that went down as a great time .Nothing like seeing kids grab a rifle and hit a target a 1000 yards away and jump up with a big ole grin and say I did that all by myself...I can see it now I know a few of them went back to  school and told of the day they got to hear about the founding fathers and what the teachers didnt tell them about..lol Dont forget kids I'm in tulsa and if you want to we can keep on shooting the Redcoats on our range here ....Saturdays at red castle gun club on the bench rest range just look for me and teddy we will be there ...And yes you can use my rifles too..Well thats it for now "Thanks Fred " we had a ball and next year will be even bigger so send more targets seems they cant just shoot a few AQT's they want to shoot all of them ....

To all the red hats and the IIT we did it ......Thanks !!!!!!hope to c you all again real soon like in may ???Sallisaw May 2 and 3 I look forward to a great time Longshots coming with his rag tag band of hillbillies to help us out!!!!!OHHHH SMLE I want to see you cycle that rifle my friend ...Seeya on the line folks ....

oldgrunt out
Follow Me..I am the Infantry..
                                         Iron Mike

THE MAN COMES AROUND..Johnny Cash

"If there must be trouble,..Let it be in my day,That my child may have peace".....

THOMAS PAINE

riderclimber

Just throwin in my two cents to thank everyone for a great first AS experience!  Everything went so smoothly, and even though I was only able to stay for Saturday I saw noticable improvment in my group size!  Of course my groups walked all over the paper from the loose front sight (no worries Daniel, I appreciate the loaner LTR!! ).  Next time I won't be flying solo, but should be bringing 2 or 3 others.  I got my bucket and it's time to bail!

-brian

ls1z4me

Just wanted to say thanks to all the instructors.  You guys are great and I feel blessed that I had the opportunity to meet all of you.  Ethan and my dad also had a blast, and while Ethan did not get the new puppy yet, we are looking for the right one and will continue to practice on getting one shot in each of the AQT stages.  Of course the presentation of the challenge the coin was a highlight of weekend.  He was so proud of it that I had to get it out of the bag first thing once we got home so he show mom and sis.

I have had the opportunity to speak with family and friends about the shoot and I feel that many of them will attend one in the future, as will as I ( not leaving with out the badge next time).

Again  O0 O0 O0 O0

Joshua

henschman

This was my first shoot as an instructor, and it was a great time!  It really is rewarding seeing all those people narrowing down their groups and finding that inner rifleman.  I'm really glad I put that second LTR together too, as I ended up loaning both of them out on both days.  Brian, I from the look of your groups, I think you definitely would have made rifleman on Sunday if you came back.  Oh well, there's always next time.  And I guess I need to do something different on that front sight... it came loose on me yestertay too when I was at H&H in the city (after I bumped it on the bench). 

Josh, it was really great to see you out there, especially with your son and your dad!  I can tell that boy is getting a proper upbringing.  And rifleman or no, I think I speak for everyone when I say he shot really well for somebody who is too small to even shoulder the rifle!  He put rounds in a few redcoats if I remember right.  Most any other kid his age wouldn't even be on paper much less hitting any targets, so that's awesome. 

Josh and Brian, I'm glad to see that you're both planning on getting involved further with Appleseed.  I'm sure plenty of other folks will be back, too... lots of them were really close to getting that patch. 

Thanks to all the other instructors for showing me the way.  It really is a rewarding thing to do, and I too look forward to continuing down the IIT path.  Somebody get me that orange hat!  We did some good work that weekend, boys.  I look forward to seeing you all again soon on the line.

Daniel Hensch
"Of liberty I would say that, in the whole plenitude of its extent, it is unobstructed action according to our will. But rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law,' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the right of an individual."
-- Thomas Jefferson to Isaac H. Tiffany, 1819

PJEVANS

Aren't Americans Great!!
We had a fantastic time, everyone was helpful and safe.  I think most of the Instructors got to at least watch Ethan, he is the wrestler with the Cricket rifle.  That Kid give me real hope for the future!  Watching him be safe, work that bolt, fix malfunctions like he's been doing it for decades, and get some good hits, it makes me smile just thinking about it. 
It is so rewarding, watching folks pick up pointers, and when their groups start shrinking....watch out!  I was amazed that everyone did so well from
standing with that constant full value wind on Sunday, a good time was had by all!
Chris and I may be making inroads at U.S. Shooting Academy, they seem interested this time.  Its a Disneyland for shooters!  Check out their web site if you haven't been there.  Hopefully there will be an Appleseed there soon. 
Phil  @&)
Phil Evans
'Loud noises do not usually stop a gun fight,
     Well placed hits do'