News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

USGI Slings

Started by SurpriseBreak, April 13, 2009, 04:09:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SurpriseBreak

Crash or whoever can address this question...

Will anyone have GI Slings available to borrow or buy at the Ramseur NC Appleseed?

I've looked in my local surplus stores and they don't have them. I can't find anything quite like them in gun shops or sporting good stores.

Is there any suggestion for a modern equivalent?

Thanks,

SurpriseBreak

Dirty Bill

"On the plains of hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions,who at the dawn of victory,sat down to rest,and while resting,Died.

"Watch the Wind..."

SurpriseBreak

Quote from: Dirty Bill on April 13, 2009, 05:47:59 PM
These guys ship fast,and the slings are nice.

http://www.e-gunparts.com/DisplayAd.asp?chrProductSKU=984970&chrSuperSKU=&MC=

Hey Dirty Bill,

Thanks for the tip. If they'll ship overnight I'll pick some up for this weekend.

Thanks--SurpriseBreak

Nickle

Yup, those e-gun parts sling are much better than the DPMS slings are.
They have men amongst them who know very well what they are about, having been employed as Rangers against the Indians and Canadians and this country being much covered with wood, and hilly, is very advantageous for their method of fighting. . . . ".  Lord Percy

Sounds like New Englanders to me.

SurpriseBreak

I was just on hold with Gun-Parts for about 20 minutes but when they finally picked up they were very helpful.

Unfortunately at this point even if I ponied up $35 for overnight shipping there is no guarantee that I would get the slings by Thursday so this option won't work for me this time.

I'm holding out hope that Crash or another Instructor will either have a few slings that can be borrowed or bought.

Thanks--SurpriseBreak

MCKNBRD

Worse comes to worst, I'll loan/sell you one of mine; I don't have a lot, but they're better used by a shooter than an instructor.

Can't let you have the one off my LTR, though...its part of its magic... ^-^

Byrdman
Its better to sweat in peace than bleed in war.

Guns and Ammo...between them, they get all the money my wife lets me have!

SurpriseBreak

MCKMBRD,

Excellent! That would be greatly appreciated whether it's buy or borrow, just let me know which you prefer.

I'm bringing a friend that doesn't have a proper sling either so I'm looking for two if that's possible.

Thanks,

--SurpriseBreak

LaneArein

Coming from SC to Ramseur:  Off of I85 on US 64 going towards Ramseur there is a large surplus store about 15 miles or so from Ramseur.  Was there one month ago and they had slings. As you walk in the door it is in a case on the right side of the store that sits on on top of a glass showcase.  The slings were 12.95.

SurpriseBreak

Quote from: LaneArein on April 13, 2009, 08:24:06 PM
Coming from SC to Ramseur:  Off of I85 on US 64 going towards Ramseur there is a large surplus store about 15 miles or so from Ramseur.  Was there one month ago and they had slings. As you walk in the door it is in a case on the right side of the store that sits on on top of a glass showcase.  The slings were 12.95.

Howdy LaneArein,

That's a good thought. Do you know the name of the store? I'm coming in from Maryland so I'm not sure I'll pass it but if I know the name of it I might be able to make a detour.

MKNGBRD has got me covered though if I can't find the slings any other way.

Thanks,

--SurpriseBreak

crashkid2k

I just threw 4 new USGI web slings into my range bag.

I "bought 'em cheap and stacked 'em deep" last year when CTD was selling them for $8.  Now they're $13; go figure.

crash

SurpriseBreak

Hey Crash That's great! I'll be glad to pay you the going rate.

I'll ultimately need 2 for my AR's but i won't hog them if others need them as well. My buddy will need one too so I account for at least 2 slings. If nobody else needs them then I will buy all 4.

Thanks,

--SurpriseBreak

MCKNBRD

Quote from: SurpriseBreak on April 13, 2009, 08:32:37 PM
Quote from: LaneArein on April 13, 2009, 08:24:06 PM

Howdy LaneArein,

That's a good thought. Do you know the name of the store? I'm coming in from Maryland so I'm not sure I'll pass it but if I know the name of it I might be able to make a detour.

MKNGBRD has got me covered though if I can't find the slings any other way.

Thanks,

--SurpriseBreak
Sounds like Delk's; just west of Asheboro.  I'd be surprised if he has any, but, then again, his stock is always changing.  Not the nicest folks in the world, but they've got a lot of stuff. 

If Crash has the extras, I'd go with his stash.  I'm missing 2 that I thought I had.  Gotta keep digging.

Byrdman
Its better to sweat in peace than bleed in war.

Guns and Ammo...between them, they get all the money my wife lets me have!

Dirty Bill

Quote from: Nickle on April 13, 2009, 05:59:22 PM
Yup, those e-gun parts sling are much better than the DPMS slings are.

Well,when I checked DPMS they were out.
"On the plains of hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions,who at the dawn of victory,sat down to rest,and while resting,Died.

"Watch the Wind..."

RifleWoman

Well, the Appleseed store will be stocking them in about a week or so.  These are the actual slings supplied to the US Military.
Many hands make light work and easy bailing.

4Paws

Name of the store off Hwy 64 near Asheboro NC is Delks Army surplus; they have a huge inventory.
4705 US Hwy 64 West, Asheboro NC 27205  336-629-0991. Worth a trip just to browse; you probably won't leave empty handed.

Bob Womack

"Go not to the elves for counsel for they will say both no and yes."
Frodo Baggins, The Fellowship of the Ring

THE MUSICIANS ROOM