News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

yanceyville april 18-19

Started by steves4570, April 11, 2009, 10:32:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steves4570

So how is it looking for this up coming weakend,18-19? Lot's of people from work may be there? pos Boy scout troop. Don't know, hard to get some people to commit to anything that takes work! So if it ain't in front of the TV they won't try. Went by range today and did a little clean up and cut some ditch's to drain the water. Steve :~

bulkhead

Steve,
Thanks for looking after the range.  I've been up to my eyeballs packing supply boxes for the coming weekend shoots. The range managers name is Bud Remington.  He's out for the weekend but should be working on it during the week. 

How much water was there?

Would you be willing to help pack supplies every once in a while?  It's quite an experience. 

Thanks,
bulkhead
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'
Saucy Jack

Fred

Sure beats heck out of having to pay to whitewash a fence!

@)
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

bulkhead

Steves4570,
It looks like good weather for the weekend.  There's a couple from my work place plus my daughter from Boulder CO.  She could have gone to Texas or New Mexico but wanted to attend in the state it all started. 

As of last Tuesday we had 10 registered.  It's amazing how many won't commit to going.  We've all been guilty of that to some degree.  Ask me about mine next weekend. 

I assume that by your screen name you have an affinity for the 45-70.  Care to enlighten us? 

Look forward to the shoot.

bulkhead 
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'
Saucy Jack

SamD

QuoteThere's a couple from my work place plus my daughter from Boulder CO.  She could have gone to Texas or New Mexico but wanted to attend in the state it all started.

We'll steal her away next year for good  ;D

steves4570

Well Bulkhead,the 45-70 is a blast to shoot and I do use one all the time for hunting and was one of my first rifles I ever got. Well now that I think of it, thats all I have 45-70,308,204,45acp. I'll bring this old gun with me and see if you can tell me what it is? Steve :~

Beowolf_357

My wife and I are planning to come down this weekend, bringing a friend along also. Been watching the weather, wife dosent want to learn to shoot in the rain. Looks like it will be a fine weekend. Hope to make some new friends.

bulkhead

Steve,
I'll bring my 45-70 and see if you can id it too.  Look forward to the weekend. 

bulkhead
Saucy Jack

bulkhead

Beowolf,
It's a good weekend for shooting.  Tell your wife that I'm looking forward to being dry too. 

bulkhead
Saucy Jack