News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Possible site for Appleseed event, Ocala area.

Started by douglas34474, April 08, 2009, 05:37:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

douglas34474

I made a contact with the Micanopy Indoor range. They are too small for an event, only 8 lanes.

But as I talked to the gent, he opened up. He has access to private land that is set up for shoots. He is an instructor and twice a year he puts on training events.

He is very interested in learning more about Appleseed. I plan on making the trip up to Micanopy to introduce myself and meet him. He is interested in observing one of our events so I invited him to come on down for the Hernando event the 18 & 19. He would be able to attend the 19th do to work restrictions.

I was also invited to attend their event in May. So what can I say, I'll go. ;D

I told him I'm just doing the leg work; someone with a higher rank than me will have to finalize the deal.

The area he has sounds perfect for an Appleseed. I'll keep you informed.

PS, when I mentioned Fred's M14 stocks he knew who I was talking about and really perked up.

Doug

smle

Good job, Doug. O0 ;D

I would strongly suggest you keep PHenry in the loop on this. He'll be able to help you alot.
If it's stupid and it works, it ain't stupid
If we forget what we did, we won't know who we are. Ronald Reagan
Courage is being scared to death - but saddleing up anyway. John Wayne