News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Any plans for Appleseed shoots beyond May?

Started by batman, April 06, 2009, 06:44:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

batman

I'm bummed that the April/May dates just won't work for me or my 2 older kids & wife and am wondering if there have been any thoughts for an Appleseed shoot later in the year?  I'm a BLGC member, but would be happy to attend at another range if a shoot is setup.

Thanks!

eaglescouter

Old Guy:  Do it long enough and you get really good at it.

Rifleman:  Sacramento:  Four Ought Nine
Full Distance:  Red Bluff:  What year was that?
Pistoleerâ„¢:  Hat Creek:  Three Twenty One

Make yourselves good scouts and good rifle shots in order to protect the women and children of your country if it should ever become necessary.
--Lord Baden-Powell
Scouting for Boys (1908)

zombiehunter

Quote from: batman on April 06, 2009, 06:44:16 PM
I'm bummed that the April/May dates just won't work for me or my 2 older kids & wife and am wondering if there have been any thoughts for an Appleseed shoot later in the year?  I'm a BLGC member, but would be happy to attend at another range if a shoot is setup.

Thanks!

batman - FranktownKid is working on getting June/July/etc. confirmed and he'll post info as soon as he does.  Also, Colorado Sam tried to set up a mini Appleseed (single range day with local Appleseeders) last weekend at BLGC, but the weather didn't cooperate.  So, in addition to the schedule page posted by eaglescouter, go here.  And at the top of the list of threads (on the right side) is a menu that reads:

[MARK READ][NOTIFY][NEW TOPIC][POST NEW POLL]

Click on [Notify] and you will be subscribed to the Colorado board - which means you'll receive an email whenever a new thread is started for Colorado (like an announcement for a mini Appleseed or confirmed dates for summer Appleseeds).  Welcome aboard!  O0

Z
Join the Nebraska Firearms Owners Association! http://www.nebraskafirearms.org/

Colorado Sam

Glad to see another BLGC member on the board.  O0

There will be more shoots in Colorado this year. Franktown Kid is trying to set it up so there is a shoot atleast once a month. All we need is a base of local Instructor's so we dont have to keep flying them in all the time.

I wonder if we could try again for a mini shoot before the 19th ::)

Colorado Pete

Franktown_kid presented Appleseed to Frontier gun club (Falcon/Fountain) and they liked it. Timing is still to be determined but a late summer start is a good guess. So with a little luck we'll have two ranges in the general area going this year.
"Good shooting is good execution of the fundamentals. Great shooting is great execution of the fundamentals. X's are what you want. Tens are okay, but nines indicate you've got a problem" - Jim Starr
"The purpose of shooting is hitting" - Jeff Cooper

batman

Thanks guys!  Good to know that the wheels are turning for more shoots (beyond the ones through May).  My new (to me) M1A just came in last night .. all the more reason to go have some fun and improve my skills.  Any word on how many juniors have shown interest thus far?  I know my 8 & 11 year old kiddos are excited (my 4 year old would be there if I'd let him!).

Thanks!

Colorado Sam

Quote from: batman on April 10, 2009, 06:11:46 PM
  My new (to me) M1A just came in last night .. all the more reason to go have some fun and improve my skills. 

Thanks!

Congrats O0 I cant wait to get mine.

Theres no definitive word yet on how many younger shooters we'll have there. I'll be bringing a few highschoolers along. But we wont see how youngsters (Can i say that if I'm 18?  ;D)many actually show till the shoot starts.

Colorado Pete

Sam, since I can't remember that far back to 18, I guess that DOES make you a youngster, at least to me!

Also I seem to recall Franktown Kid saying there were either three or six more shoots at Ramah beyond May.

How many of you will be at the April 18/19 Ramah shoot? I'll have an M1 out if someone wants to try a few rounds through it.
"Good shooting is good execution of the fundamentals. Great shooting is great execution of the fundamentals. X's are what you want. Tens are okay, but nines indicate you've got a problem" - Jim Starr

zombiehunter

Taipan

MattEcho

Hey y'all.  I'm new here and wanted to follow up on this.

Considering that May is sold out, is there an update on this?  I'm coming to the May 30,31 shoot, but I've got some buddies that would like to go also.  Thanks.

Matt

Colorado Sam

Even if the May shoot is sold out, show up and bring your friends we can always find a way to squeeze a few more shooters on the line.

Shoots past May are being developed as we speak. Colorado's goal this year is to have an Appleseed a month. If you want more shoots grab a bucket O0 and contact Franktownkid about what you can do to help out.

Franktown_Kid

Yep, we got another berm for the 30-31 May Appleseed near Ramah Colorado! So Y'all sign up.

We're looking for 60 - 70 shooters now.

We're looking for good weather too!

Colorado IITs - here's a chance to get another step down the PC trail.

After May none till end of August - but we're working on that too.

"Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will. Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them, and these will continue till they have been resisted with either words or blows, or with both. The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they suppress." - Frederick Douglass

zombiehunter

FranktownKid, I'll be at the May shoot with my Orange Hat (RifleWoman and Nickel already know).  Also, as a heads up, Eventbrite is still showing sold out for May, so I'm just going to register my fiance Sat AM at the shoot. 

RifleWoman

It's not still showing sold out, it's showing sold out AGAIN... And that's with an added berm.  Appleseed is growing in CO  O0
Many hands make light work and easy bailing.

zombiehunter

Holy cow.  I think that's worth TWO thumbs up!   O0 O0

Colorado Pete

I think we're gonna be hoppin'....this should be great!!

When these attendees spread the word around, we'll need the Frontier Club range up and running by July and every month thereafter as well!

Any word from efforts up north at the Ft. Collins area club (Northern CO Rod & Gun I think)? Trin Tragula was going to talk to them and had some reason to be optimistic. We need a northern location to complement what will be two central ones here, not to mention something in the Denver area...

Colorado Sam

Makes me glad to see Apple seed growing before I leave O0 it'll be interesting seeing the difference from right before I leave to right after I get back.

It's sounding like we'll have a great shoot. Maybe the weather will even cooperate this time around &)

zombiehunter

What do you mean cooperate this time around?  It cooperated last time... I mean sure, it was cold and snowy and muddy and slushy and sleety, but heck at least it was windy, right?  And the sun came up both days, what more can you ask for?  What?  You looking for 75º, calm, and partly cloudy???  %)

Colorado Sam

Well I would like for my last day to be really nice ;)

Either may this should be a memorable shoot.