News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

New State Coordinator for Virginia, introduction

Started by FiremanEd, March 20, 2009, 07:46:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FiremanEd

Hi Everyone,

I just want to send everyone in VA a quick note to introduce myself. My name is Eddie Wood, I go by FiremanEd on our forum. I attended my first Appleseed in Black Creek last spring with my Father-n-Law and have become very excited with the program.

To the point of my note, due to his continued and ever growing commitment to "The Appleseed Program" VaShooter has been promoted to "Master Instructor." This commitment as well as that of "State Coordinator" and many others that he has made to the program has created a very heavy load for him to carry. In trying to share some of that load VaShooter has asked me to assume the role of State Coordinator. I was hesitant to accept, worried about my relative newness to the organization and the time requirements that it will entail. After lots of encouragement from VaShooter and my wonderful wife, Courtney, I have accepted the position and will be transitioning into it over the next few weeks. (No Shooter, you're not off the hook yet!)

In taking this position I have several request to ask of all Appleseeders in Virginia. First, reply to this post or directly to me via PM so we can compile/verify a list of everyone in VA who's involved in the program. Please list your status ie: prospective Appleseeder, Appleseed attendee, Rifleman, prospective instructor, IIT or Instructor. Include anything else that you feel pertinent and the best methods of contact. Please include any projects that you're already working on, with details, as well.

Over the next few days/weeks/months I will be asking all of you, if you're willing and able, to contribute to the Appleseed Program. You do not have to have attended an Appleseed to contribute. We will need help in all aspects of promoting the Appleseed Program so please think about ways you could contribute. Be assured, I will be asking for your assistance in the near future.

Please contact me any time with any ideas or comments that could improve the Appleseed Program in Virginia. Also, to relieve some of the load on the Volunteers at the national level, please run any questions that you have through me and I'll either answer them or send them to the appropriate person to be handled. Essentially, use me as your point of contact to the national level of the organization. Obviously, if you have a previous relationship with someone at the national level this request does not apply.

I also want to thank VaShooter for his very high level of dedication to the Program. I can't say that without him there wouldn't be an Appleseed program in VA because someone else would surely have stepped up, but Doug is the one who stepped up and he has done and continues to do an outstanding job of promoting the program within our state & nationally. Thank you Doug! O0

Please be patient during the transition, it'll take a couple weeks for VaShooter to get me fully up to speed but I promise a quick learning curve. We have a busy year ahead of us and I look forward to getting to know each and every one of you in the near future.

Sincerely,

FiremanEd
aka: Eddie Wood
804-690-1007 anytime/cell
Are you a Rifleman or a clerk?? 

"Men sleep peacefully at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their part"   George Orwell

Stimey

Eddie,

I am currently in Texas but should be transferring to the Norfolk/Portsmouth area this summer.  I would be very glad to help in any way I can once I relocate.  I am an IIT2 presently, but I am scheduled to work three Appleseeds between now and June, so that may change (for the better).  I have also qualified as a Rifleman.  I will be available to help beginning in July or August.  It would be a help if you could let me know where in Virginia or northeastern North Carolina (other than Ramseur) that Appleseed events are currently being held. 

Mike Stineman
College Station, TX
(361)443-5919
"Give me an army of West Point graduates, I'll win a battle.  Give me a handful of Texas Aggies and I'll win a war!"  Gen. George S. Patton, Jr.

FiremanEd

An early "welcome to VA" Stimey. We look forward to having you in our little part of the big plan.

Check your PM's.

FiremanEd

"Men sleep peacefully at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their part"   George Orwell

SavageShootr

Hi Ed,

Thank You for taking on the role of State Coordinator. I am certain you will find it very rewarding.

I assist in the shoot set up process. When you have an event in the works send me a PM and I will get it listed on the Instructor Board and on the planning schedule. I can also send you any paperwork you will need in order to get the event set up. I can answer questions regarding the process if you have them, or at least steer you to the answers.

VAshooter is a good source for answers as well. he did a great job as SC for Virginia.

If I can be of help to you do not hesitate to send me a PM.

~SS
"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

TwoHawks

Greetings Ed,

I attended and "made Rifleman" in 2006 at an Appleseed in Southern VA. Had several serious illnesses in the familiy that set us back a bit as far as making another Appleseed.

About 6 or 7 of us have had "unofficial" shoots each April 19th since 2007. We will be doing it again this year with the intent of getting back to Appleseed events proper soon.

Regards,

TwoHawks
Rifleman

Psalm 138:8

smwwoody

I think you may know who I am and where to find me.

Woody
Fixing some of the holes in your bucket first can make bailing easier

Our children should be taught how to think, not what to think....

KJ4WXC

B9

Hello Ed

It is good to have you with us in this duty. All of us here are standing by to offer assistance and hope to learn from you as well.

Ed (B9)
"It's very hard to engineer another countries liberation...people have to liberate themselves. Unfortunately in history, many people get killed..."
Medea Benjamin

crashkid2k

Slim, enterprising soul that he is, made rosters for each area.  Here's ours: http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=2823.0

It's not perfect, but it's mostly up to date.

Anyway, I'm Crash, I live in Norfolk, and I'm pretty sure we met at Black Creek.  PM inbound.

Stimey, PM inbound.

Stimey

Crash,

Back at you.  I copied FiremanEd and my Shoot Boss, Scout.

See you this summer.

Stimey out.
"Give me an army of West Point graduates, I'll win a battle.  Give me a handful of Texas Aggies and I'll win a war!"  Gen. George S. Patton, Jr.

Truculent turtle

Ed,  Congratulations, and  thanks  for stepping  up.  My  name  is  Bill and  son, Rob,  and  I are  on  the forum as  Truculent turtle and  ACPJunkie  respectively.  I'll  see  you at  the  IBC.   I'll be  there on  Thursday  night at  the  Union Fork  motel.  Earlier  that  day  I plan  on making a supply  run  down  to Ramseur  so  if  you  need  anything  from  Fred get  him a  list,  copy  me  to  please, and  I'll bring  it back up  to  you.  Let  me  know  what  I  can  do  to  help.  Seperate  PM  on  the way

FiremanEd

Thanks for all the notes of encouragement and support. It's good to know what a good Instructor Corp we have in VA & I look forward to helping increase that number soon. I hope I can fulfill the expectations, and VaShooter's foot prints, all I can do is promise you my best.

I look forward to meeting you all, if I haven't already. I think I've met the majority at the last two BC Seeds but look forward to really getting to know everyone.

I'll promise you this. I'll do everything I can do to support each of you, I'll work to make VA one of the premier states in the Appleseed Program (with your help) and I'll do anything I can do for this great Country that we all call home. Beyond that, I'm human, with a great wife, wonderful 13 month old daughter, full time job and a full time business to run. Don't worry, I work long hours, I'll get the Appleseed stuff done as well.

See you all soon,

Eddie