News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Alton, IL 4/18 - 19

Started by TreadCarefully, April 03, 2009, 07:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TreadCarefully

All,

Just spoke to John Ross about his place. He doesn't know much about Appleseed but I explained what I could. Seems there are several places we could set up the line (he doesn't own the entire quarry) so he will meet us there on Friday to set up.

He is ok with the idea of a hammer drill and drill rod or rebar stuck in the holes. Wanted to make sure we had power. Compressor on the truck right? Who is bringing the wire?

He thought if it rained that we might have some problems, but, again, if we get set up in the right place it shouldn't be too bad.

No shelter at all there. Can someone bring some canopies for lunch and history?

We should also consider bringing extra mats and tarps. I'm sure that not all of the shooters will realize that they will be laying on solid rock for several hours.

Backers: anyone have a supply of cardboard? I think we will have 30 shooters max, so need 90 - 100 feet of cardboard. I can get some binder clips.

I sent the supply request to Fred today. Everyone should bring what they have in case of a SNAFU.

Anything I haven't thought of?

Let's use this thread to organize our activities over the coming weeks.
Spare the tar and feathers, spoil the politician.

"Pain is temporary. Quitting is forever." - Lance Armstrong

"Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc."

TreadCarefully

14 pre-reg on 4/3. How can we boost this??? I've already invited everyone I know from that area. Promotions?
Spare the tar and feathers, spoil the politician.

"Pain is temporary. Quitting is forever." - Lance Armstrong

"Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc."

Pappy

Hello Group; We, Grand 69 and other Volinteers from the area will be working on the selling out of the Ross Appleseed this weekend at the Chilli Sportsmans club Gun Show both Saturday and Sunday. SO if you have been sitting on the fence waiting for the last minuteman TAKE this time and make the effort to sign on for this Historic event you will be glad you did. Pappy
Which has greater value?...... Ammo will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no ammo..

Garand69

I have re-bar and wire, were you going with the shortline and relays or the long line TC?

I have sent PSA's and Press Releases to area media, hopefully they will be on air within the week. As Pappy said, it will also be pushed at Chillicothe Gun Show.

Just a thought, John has a website, what are the odds he will advertise it there?

Ok, who has the hammer drill with 1/2" bit and a power supply for it?

Who has a tent/canopy?

Who hasn't let everyone that they know, know that they will be an IIT at JOHN ROSS"S 1ST ANNUAL APPLESEED SHOOT!!!!

Let's pump it up a bit folks.
Garand69

WSMR 03-10 ...SAPPER STEEL!!!!

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." - General George S. Patton Jr

"One can covet success or one can covet being Right, but if he covets both, he will achieve neither" - Stimey

Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is HOPELESS.
-Chester W. Nimitz