News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Hartford 4-19

Started by kDan, March 15, 2009, 04:19:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kDan

I'm tryin to get the numbers up for this one.  Spent yesterday at the Big E gun and knife show in W. Springfield and a lot of folks seemed interested.  Couple people had heard of AS.  One guy says he reads Fred's articles.  One dealer nearly jumped out of his chair (not quite) when I described the program to him.  He says he's wanted to do this for years!  I said we could definitely use his help.   

Anyway, who can make it?  I know Harvard is filling up.  We should definitely be able to count on at least 25 folks for this range.  Hot dogs and hamburgers provided by the range for a reasonable fee.  We'll have a 200 yard element as well.  Camping is cool.  Check the laws though.  Connecticut is tough. 

I know I've got like 5 friends coming, and some folks from Northeastshooters.com.  Anybody else on this forum gonna be there? 

"Hot dogs don't go bad"

-Scout

kDan

13 and counting!  and we had only 1 signed up a week ago.  This event only went green a few weeks ago, and we're pushing it hard trying to pump the numbers.  My thanks goes out to the EPT, and all the ffl's that didn't mind me cold calling them for their e-mail addresses to get out a flier.  I'm looking forward to seeing who heard about this from where.  13 shooters with three instructors is a good solid event, but we can certainly fit a few more on the line and it's a nice range.  I'm leaning towards camping myself, but we'll see. 

I'm surprised nobody has posted to this thread yet.  Anybody on the forum planning to make it to Hartford?  Covered range not far at all from civilization, and the clubhouse has a grill where they'll be cooking up dogs and burgers.  There will be some other events at this range same day on other firing lines.  I  know they always have trap and skeet and what not, but if I understand, there may even be a cowboy action event at the firing line next over. 

Hope to see you there at the range, if not here on the forum! 
"Hot dogs don't go bad"

-Scout

timswiser

Just signed up for Hartford myself and my son has expressed interest also.  He doesn't own a rifle though and not sure he can purchase and set one up by 4/19.  I know another spot on the line would be filled if we can find a loaner.  Can anyone point me in the right direction?  Thanks in advance for your help!!

added 1 April :
Good news, my son borrowed a suitable rifle and we are both looking forward to 4/19.  thanks

notarex

I'll be there- don't have a loaner though, sorry  :(

kDan

Tim,

Glad you worked that out.  Looking forward to meeting you and your son.  Looking forward to seeing everybody who signed up for this even ant made it a SELL OUT!

That's right folks, Hartford, a shoot with only 1 pre-reg a month ago, has sold out.

Whew!

See ya on the trail!

"Hot dogs don't go bad"

-Scout

B9

Quote from: kDan on April 06, 2009, 05:20:03 PM
Tim,

Glad you worked that out.  Looking forward to meeting you and your son.  Looking forward to seeing everybody who signed up for this even ant made it a SELL OUT!

That's right folks, Hartford, a shoot with only 1 pre-reg a month ago, has sold out.

Whew!

See ya on the trail!

Good deal! The Northeast is doing pretty good.

Another one "SOLD OUT! (in Scouts voice)

"It's very hard to engineer another countries liberation...people have to liberate themselves. Unfortunately in history, many people get killed..."
Medea Benjamin

Buzzworth

Any overflow can come on up to Bennington  O0

we only have 6 spots left :o
No Guns, No safety, No freedom
KNOW Guns, KNOW Safety, KNOW FREEDOM

MeanStreaker

Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
--Thomas Paine

Used to ride a Kawasaki Mean Streak motorcycle.  I'm not an angry, naked runner.  :)

kDan

Quote from: Buzzworth on April 07, 2009, 10:41:04 AM
Any overflow can come on up to Bennington  O0

we only have 6 spots left :o

no doubt, bennington's a nice range, and buzzworth has "The Patter"

I think Harvard, Ma can still fit a few more too, but don't quote me on that.

"Hot dogs don't go bad"

-Scout