News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR littleton NH 10-15&16/22

Started by Luigi, February 25, 2023, 07:58:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luigi

First: My profound apologies to all for not getting this posted back when the shoot occurred - we normally post an AAR witihn a week or two (at most) of the event.  It is my hope that participants reading it will recall the excellent event we had, and be interested in signing up for one or more of our events in 2023. 

21 motivated shooters turned out for what would become a most excellent two-day shoot at Alder Brook Sportsman's Association in Littleton.  Weather started out downright brisk (it is Fall in Northern NH after all) with enough condensation to actually cause rain inside the roofed in shooting bay (our paperwork somehow survived). it warmed up steadily though, hitting the 60s in the afternoon.  No rain!

After the safety brief, we got our first shots of the weekend off, establishing a baseline on our Redcoat target. Then we dove into instruction for the rest of f the morning, learning how to use a sling as a shooting aid, proper positioning and steady hold factors, the six steps of firing the shot, the all-important NPOA, IMC, and talking targets.

Lunchtime came quickly, where we heard the first of "Three Strikes Of The Match" - the history of April 19th 1775. After lunch, we put our learnings to work dialing in our sights / scopes, and learned sitting/kneeling and other positions.  After more breaks for history, we got down to shooting the AQT target.

Breaking for the day, we advised everyone to practice sleeping in the prone position. :)

20 shooters returned on Sunday, to shoot more AQTs and do skill-building drills like ball-and-dummy, and carding the sights.  Lunch was a letcture on known distance - applying what we've been learning at 25 meters towards distance up to the Rifleman's quarter mile 500 yards. Shooters were treated to seeing firsthand thst this stuff works!  And their freshly practiced skills paid off with some impressive results!!

We heard more history- dangerous old men and women - vignettes of incredible courage and achievement by our ancestors.  My personal favorite is Samuel Whittemore.

Three made Rifleman; congratulations Zach, Mike, and Zach!

At our benediction we reviewed the four questions we ask at every Appleseed:
1. Ho fired the first shots (plural) at Lexington green
2. what caused the British army to break and run for their lives at the North bridge after ac2- minute encounter with farmers and shopkeepers
3. where did the revolutionary war begin?
r. here and when was the American Revolution won?

Now you know the answers. Thank you for choosing to spend time with us honoring our ancestors who gave us the precious liberty we enjoy today. I hope to shoot with you all again soon!

Lou

300berg

A cool, but beautiful day!

Luigi on Strike 3.

Nightpoison walks the line.

NHAlan telling Strike 2.

An enthusiastic youth at his 3rd Appleseed shoot.  He would make Bluehat at the end of the day!

4 Junior shooters were present on the line.

DOM stories by nhalan.

DOM by yogini who travelled all the way from NY.  Thanks yogini!

First time Appleseeder having a great time.

Luigi brings the KD lesson.

Time to put KD to use.  Berms are 100, 200, and 300 yards away.  Shooters lined up on 300 yard target.

200 yard rimfire hits for a first time Appleseeder! 

300 yard hits!!!  Rimfire!  For a first time EVER shooter!  Way to go! :F

Liberty. Marksmanship. History.

LadyRimfire

We had a great time! It was nice to get reaquainted wiyh some familiar faces and to make friends with new ones. As with every Appleseed, the help from the instructors was on point and I am still seeing marked improvement at our home range drawing on the skills I learned at Appleseed.

I am currrently working of my distinquished expert for the NRA Rifle qualification. With the knowledge learned for shooting prone at Appleseed I was able to shoot a 193/200 and a 196/200.  ;D

Still working towards earning my Rifleman 210, but I'm confidant I will get there this year! My partner Zac earned his Rifleman at Littleton last year! This was his 2nd Appleseed ever! He attributes his improvement to the great education and advise from all the instructors at the event.

Thank you to all the volunteers who make Appleseed possible! You are amazing!
Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.

Thomas Paine

300berg

Quote from: LadyRimfire on March 02, 2023, 02:26:36 PM
I am currrently working of my distinquished expert for the NRA Rifle qualification. With the knowledge learned for shooting prone at Appleseed I was able to shoot a 193/200 and a
196/200.  ;D

Well done!  I bet you notice some skill differences between yourself and other shooters.  ;D

Still working towards earning my Rifleman 210, but I'm confidant I will get there this year!

I bet you will! :)  Littleton, NH events are now available for registration.  I'll also be working Clintonville, NY shoot, so maybe I'll see you there, too.

In Liberty,
300berg

LadyRimfire

We're already registered for Clintonville and anxious to go! Hoping to fit Littleton into our schedule as we had an amazing time at such a gorgeous range!
Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.

Thomas Paine

Luigi

Still working towards earning my Rifleman 210, but I'm confidant I will get there this year! My partner Zac earned his Rifleman at Littleton last year! This was his 2nd Appleseed ever! He attributes his improvement to the great education and advise from all the instructors at the event.
[/quote]

We are delighted to have been able to help you both!  Looking forward to shooting with you again!!!

Luigi