News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Lapeer, MI- October 22-23, 2022 After Action Report

Started by Superheat, October 25, 2022, 10:02:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Superheat

What a great group of Americans we had in Lapeer! 
It was my pleasure to spend the weekend with this group of people.  Everyone worked hard on their marksmanship.  The students worked on their NPOA and saw the results.  This stuff works!
Congratulations to Doug and Mariam for shooting their expert scores on the AQT.  RIFLEMAN!
Paige, Cloe and Autumn you did a great job learning the steady hold factors.
Corey, thanks for bringing the family out.  You are really close to getting that patch.
Andrew was so close.  He was working his NPOA all weekend.
Bella struggled with equipment issues. Sorry the rifle was jambing.
This was Cecilias first Appleseed,  but I'm sure it won't be her last.  :cool2:
Laura, I hope to be there when you get your rifleman patch.
Roundballer did a wonderful job as always.  Sir, thank you for your dedication to Project Appleseed.
Number6 you are always there always donating sweat and treasure to the cause.  Thank you.  Thank you.
Tic Wrangler thanks for stepping up to help with the KD.
Mr.Zeke thank you for running the ice house all weekend.  Huzzah!
MaculaMomma, thanks for all your help, you seemed to always be one or two steps ahead of me.  I felt like Col. Potter talking to Radar. Thanks again.
Ethan, thanks for the donuts... I didn't need them.  So much for extra points on the AQT, you could have used another 2 points. A 208 just means you have to come to the winterseed.
Doug, thanks for volunteering to help grow the program.
MrSurplus, Beefree, DreadPirateBebop, Miki and Icychicken Thanks for your help, we wouldn't have been able to make it without you.
We had so much fun with the marksmanship and the history, let's not forget the seriousness of passing liberty on to the next generation. 

"In my own native state of Massachusetts, the battle for American freedom was begun by the thousands of farmers and tradesmen who made up the Minute Men -- citizens who were ready to defend their liberty at a moment's notice. Today we need a nation of minute men; citizens who are not only prepared to take up arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as a basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom. The cause of liberty, the cause of America, cannot succeed with any lesser effort."  - John F. Kennedy

Superheat

:pics:

icychicken

Thanks everyone for coming out, it was inspiring watching you all progress this weekend and I can't wait to see you guys on the line again. Keep practicing!

MrZeke

What a great weekend and an incredible group of shooters, not to mention the perfect weather to finish out the season.

Mark-you've got my vote for most improvement from the icehouse crew.  Starting with a brand-new, un-zeroed rifle you stuck with it.  From learning the rifle/optic, solving fitment issues, and getting a firm grasp of the fundamentals you kept building on each previous string of fire. 
Ethan-you're standing position is amazing.  Keep working that NPOA in prone, don't over-think it.  Just relax and let your body do the aiming.

Laura, Chloe, Paige, and George-you soaked up the instruction, and I look forward to seeing each of you earn the patch.

Doug-from the first redcoat, it was obvious that you "knew very well, what you're about."  Then we threw you in the deep end of the pool Sunday.  I look forward to working with you again.

As usual, I'm terrible at remembering pics-so here is my meager contribution...

"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach unto himself.� - Thomas Paine

"There is certainly no small danger, that indifference may lead to disgust, and disgust to contempt; and thus gradually undermine all the protection intended by this clause of our national bill of rights." - Supreme Court Justice Joseph Story, 1833 Treatise regarding the 2nd Amendment