Author Topic: Ramseur High Power 1st Saturday every month  (Read 3566 times)

Offline wildman

• Home Range Staff
Ramseur High Power 1st Saturday every month
« on: March 24, 2009, 09:46:09 AM »
The RWVA sponsors An NRA high power match the 1st Saturday of each month. Shooting starts at 12:00 noon. Please try and be there at 11:30, most days we are through by 3 or 4. This is a great way to develop your shooting skills out to 500 yards. The course of fire is 10 rounds standing at 200,10 rounds sitting at 200, 10 rounds rapid fire prone at 300, and 20 rounds slow fire at 500. You also need ammo for zeros. This match is great way to get started in HP shooting as it somewhat less formal. You'll get to meet some interesting characters as well. Beginning HP shooters welcome.

The range fee is $20.00.
This is my rifle. There are many like it but this one is mine.... "My Rifle" the creed of a US Marine by MG WH Rupertus,USMC

Offline Crawler

Re: Ramseur High Power 1st Saturday every month
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2009, 04:15:21 PM »
Does the fee include camping on Friday night?

Offline Fred

• Founder and AOC Member
  • Master Instructor
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2009, 05:27:34 PM »

Crawler: At present, there is no fee for camping at the range...
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

Offline wildman

• Home Range Staff
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2009, 11:08:06 PM »
As far as I know your the first person that has wanted to camp at the range for a HP match. The problem is letting you on the range and typically there is no one there on those weekends except of course during the match. Fred is right about the camping fee but special arrangements will have to be we will have to get back to you on that.

Sorry, we are unable to offer camping at the range in conjunction with the HP events. Camping for Appleseed events only.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2009, 10:54:43 AM by wildman »
This is my rifle. There are many like it but this one is mine.... "My Rifle" the creed of a US Marine by MG WH Rupertus,USMC

Offline petertschantz

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2017, 08:51:12 PM »
just found this (I' m new)!

I'm hoping to start shooting some high power this summer, great to know this match happens!
"Safety is something that happens between your ears, not something you hold in your hands."" - Col. Jeff Cooper

“Nothing is more precious than freedom and independence.” - Harold G. Moore

Offline markchiarello

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2017, 01:00:20 PM »
I arrived promptly at 11:30 for the high-power match. It is now 12:00 and no one has shown up. I'm driving back to Winston Salem and not entirely pleased. Someone should probably update or delete this thread.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 02:17:35 PM by markchiarello »