News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

PISTOL CLINIC HAT CREEK , CA JUNE 25-26

Started by NorCal22Gal, June 30, 2022, 09:26:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NorCal22Gal

Pistol Clinic Hat Creek Rifle and Pistol Club

10 students... warm June weekend.

9 previous Appleseed students. 4 of those previous pistol clinic students.

7 Pistoleer™s...1 of those was a repeat Pistoleer™. :F ^:)^

AMAZING!!!

Mark  226, 213, 221, 211, 211
Russ 215, 224
Dom 211, 220 (repeat Pistoleer™)
Sam 238 (distinguished open sights!!!), 222, 232, 229, 224
Epi 221, 210
David 229, 237, 241 (distinguished optics!!!), 239
Lyle 211, 225

The other 3 were right in the hunt!!  Robin 202, Mike 150 (having equipment issues), John 205.

We had several clear hits counts targets.  Way to go everyone!!

This was an incredibly focused group.  Working hard, asking questions, taking notes. 

I made the comment early on Saturday that I had a bunch of Pistoleer™ patches to give out.  They took up the challenge!!

The instructors did a great job working with the students and their hard work was much appreciated!!

Thank you everyone for being safe.

Thank you also for helping us tear down and clean up. 

Hope to see you all out again!

Instructors

Laurie         NorCal22Gal   shoot boss
Joe              eaglescouter
Steve          TallSteve
April           April6Showers
Carrie         CarbineCarrie
Gareth         303Brit
Darryl          3Huzzahs

TallSteve

April and I were really impressed with the students.  They all had great attitudes.  Worked hard to apply what they were learning.  And their scores were a great reflection of that. 

It was a lot of fun to help out at this event.

The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed -- where the government refuses to stand for reelection and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees*. However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake a free people get to make only once.

-- Justice Alex Kozinski, US 9th Circuit Court, 2003

NorCal22Gal

Thanks Steve!!  You and April did a great job this weekend!!

flexifoil21

Thank you for a great weekend.  We had a wonderful time and learned a lot. I'll keep practicing to incorporate all the learnings.  Really appreciate the instructors watching my shooting and offering suggestions for improvement.  I gained insight from each of you.  I even appreciated the gentle "kick in the butt" when I needed it - thank you April. ;)

I'd highly encourage Appleseed Instructors from other areas to attend a Northern Cal event.  Joe and Laurie have created a great team and program.  I was really impressed by how well the instructors worked together to deliver a high quality shoot focused on student needs - and for keeping everything safe.  There are some little things the team does that makes it special - a good example is having all the instructors sign a Rifleman score target.  That's a nice touch. 

I've been fortunate enough to attend Appleseed events in 4 states, and I'd list last weeks storytelling as some of the best.  The basic stories were familiar but the way the instructors told them drew students into the stories and helped highlight the significance.  It was really nice to see all instructors tell stories.

Thank you for an excellent weekend - I look forward to future shoots in N. Cal.

NorCal22Gal

It was great to have you guys at our event!!!  it's always fun to meet instructors from different areas. 

Look forward to seeing you all out again!

lyle

Thank you, Laurie and all the great Instructors.  A great weekend!
...Lyle

NorCal22Gal