News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR - Rimfire KD, Albuqerque NM, June 11, 2022

Started by Long Rifle, June 26, 2022, 05:52:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Long Rifle

Nine students braved the intense Albuquerque NM heat at the City range to stretch the legs of their .22 LR. The day started hot and dry. We reviewed the fundamentals as we verified their 25 yard zero and then backed up to 50, 75, 100 yards to see how far the bullet dropped as the distance to the target increased. After another lap back into 25 (gathering data as we shot at each range) we broke for lunch.

At lunch we told stories and reviewed the data captured in the morning to create a drop chart. The wind started to pick up so we pushed to start an AQT earlier than planned before it got really breezy. We just squeaked one in before it got really crazy.

In a lull in the wind we set up smaller pieces of steel at 100 and created a game for the shooters to end the day on a positive note. All the shooters improved significantly throughout the day and were able to connect with the small steel at 100. Use the skills we practiced at the event and continue practicing. These are perishable skills.

If you've never been to Rimfire KD event, I'd strongly encourage you to attend one this year. It's a great way to cement the physical skills and knowledge you were exposed to in a standard Appleseed weekend.
Those that can, DO. Those that can DO MORE, teach.
Practice doesn't make perfect. Perfect practice makes perfect.

Beavertail

I'm a little late to this AAR, but it was good to get up there to ABQ and see what you guys have going on up there. (yes, someone finally told me the easy way to spell that city's name).  Too bad we didn't get very far, but it just means I have to come back.
"Too many people learn about war with no inconvenience to themselves. They read about [it] sitting in a comfortable armchair, with their feet beside the fire.  One should read about war in the worst circumstances, when everything is going badly." - Guy Sajer