News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Pelham, TN AAR, June 13,2022

Started by CokeGuy, June 19, 2022, 10:51:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CokeGuy

We did our first Pelham .22 Rimfire KD at 200 yards in the sweltering heat, primarily for Trail Life boys and dads, but opened it up for others.
Could not ask for a better cadre of instructors or students! And, did we have some shooters! All were very eager to learn and really paid attention, but several were able to score with their improved marksmanship. Heath (Trailman) scored a 44 and a 41 to get his RKD patch. Jake ('Wreck's grandson) and his high school shooting teammate, Evan, showed us how to transition from pellet rifles to .22s and do it well. Jake scored 42, and Evan not only scored a 44, but showed off by adding a perfect 50 to earn the Distinguished patch to his collection. Well done, all. All persisted in spite of the heat. Did I mention that it was HOT?? We encouraged drinking water constantly. Many thanks to wileycoyote not only for the 3 large shelters, but also for trailering his 4-wheeler for this event and for the centerfire KD which followed on Tuesday and Wednesday. Everyone learned the importance of taking notes at each distance as we progressed back and forth from 50 yards to 200. What a pleasure to work with such a great group of young men and other folks! Many thanks to all the instructors who carried the load of instruction and safety on the line. I know that all will be eager to come again to further learn, practice and perform at longer distances with .22 rifles. Not only did the Trail Life folks endure on the range, but they also roughed it by camping and cooking adjacent to the range. Also, Jake and Evan both shot the Morgan shingle at 125 yards with .22s.

Ramblin' Wreck

It was a great event. I had the priviledge of awarding a patch to my grandson who had already earned his Rifleman patch at a 25 meter event 2 years ago.

This was possibly the hottest event I've ever worked at Appleseed. We couldn't have done it without wileycoyote bringing the shade and transportation to the line and back.
Huzzah!
Wreck
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin."  ― Samuel Adams

KD Requal Huntsville 11/13/22 with scoped Service Rifle 47/50
25m Requal 2/1/2020 with AR15 scored 247
25m Requal 4/17/2021 with .22 bolt gun - 237
61 KD and UKD events run/worked as of 1/18/22

You can't miss fast enough to qualify.

Without a heritage every generation starts over.

Beware an old man who still shoots iron sights.

"War is when your Government tells you who the enemy is. Revolution is when you figure it out for yourself" - unknown

Roswell

Looks like a great event! Good job everyone!
Known Distance Qualified: Talladega, AL 12-3-16 - 45/50; Distinguished 49/50 - Talladega, AL 12-8-19
Instructor Boot Camp: Toccoa, GA 7-13, 8-15; Pelham, TN 2-14, 2-16; Columbiana, AL 2-15; Canton, GA 2-18, 1-19, 2-20, 2-21, 3-22, 2-23, 1-24
Shoot Boss Boot Camp and Liberty Seminar: Toccoa, GA 8-14 & Canton, GA 1-19

Pistol Instructor Boot Camp: South Huntsville, AL 5-20; Canton, GA 1-21, 2-24
Pistol Qualified: Spencer, TN 4-10-21
Charter Pistol Instructor Boot Camp: Antioch, TN 2-22 & Canton, GA 1-23

Captain

This sounds like a fantastic plan for Appleseed in the middle of the week! Sounds like you all had a fun event with a great group of shooters.
There's things that gnaw on a man worse than dyin'. - Open Range