News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Rimfire KD at Upper Susitna in Talkeetna, Alaska

Started by Gus, July 21, 2022, 05:35:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gus

Hello All,

Gus here,

Had a very good, but also very wet, day on 16 July 22 at the Upper Susitna Shooting Range here in Alaska. My wife Trudy, son Nathaniel and I truly enjoy the rimfire KD's. Trudy and Nathaniel shot requalification Rifleman scores at the 100 yard AQT. They both have put in the work to consistently shoot excellent scores at different venues and in both good and bad weather. Today was certainly a good one for me as I shot back to back distinguished scores of 49x50 and 50x50-My first clean score!

On Day 2, the 17th, the rain continued but still did the 200 yard AQT's. This time we shot standing at 50 yards, rapid fire seated at 100, rapid fire prone at 150, and slow fire prone at 200. Shot three solid Rifleman scores of 45x50 including a rapid fire 200 yard AQT. Was very pleased with the day's effort. My son Nathaniel recorded a video of the rapid fire AQT but it is too large a file to upload. Photos posted from top to bottom are my targets from the rapid fire AQT:50 yard standing, 100 yard seated, 150 yard prone and 200 yard prone. Bottom picture is the two of us shooting: I'm the big guy in the foreground running a Ruger Sporter 10/22 for the 200 yard rapid fire AQT and 509Gman is shooting in the background. ItsanSKS is Line/Shoot Boss and AK-84 is taking more pics. What hoot it is to do an AQT at those distances!   Better have good comeup data written down and be able to quickly make those changes from one distance to the next.

Great clinic and fellowship with good friends!

In Liberty,

Gus
"Mental notes aren't worth the paper they're written on" - Mark Twain

"Pick up a rifle and you change instantly from a subject to a citizen" - Jeff Cooper