News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Coeur d'Alene, ID 11-12 June 2022 Appleseed AAR

Started by P7, June 13, 2022, 04:38:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

P7

Although the weather forecast was rain for the entire weekend, we got lucky and had mostly fair weather for a very successful Appleseed rifle clinic at Fernan Rod & Gun Club in Coeur d'Alene.

The club classroom was not available to us this time, so all instruction was conducted on the line, including lunch breaks, history, and the other stand-up whiteboard presentations.   Because we have a covered shooting bay and there were a few open spots on the line, we were able to set up one end of the line for classes while leaving plenty of room for the shooters and their equipment.

With registered participants ranging in age from six to 63, it promised to be a diverse group of shooters.  It turned out to be one of the most attentive and responsible groups I have yet instructed. They immediately and scrupulously followed all of our safety protocols and made it much easier for us to clear the line quickly between strings of fire.  They also paid attention and asked good questions during instruction, and we saw a great deal of improvement over the weekend.

Two new Riflemen (both of whom were attending their first Appleseed event) helped to make it even more rewarding for the instructors. Retired instructor baldsincebirth, who recently returned to the area, re-qualified as Rifleman and stepped up to reactivate his instructor status. He will be a welcome addition to our local instructor cadre. And finally, our Young Patriot patch went to the most mature, responsible, and focused six-year-old I have ever had the pleasure to meet.

Thanks to mrclean, tomabbkat, eert, Snow Snake, Greg2, and 2x4 for working with me to create another successful Project Appleseed experience for our shooters.  And special thanks to Greg2, who came out on Saturday even though he is on the very brink of becoming a first-time father (we're waiting for the news).   Huzzah!
Bradley "Brad" Foster (P7)

313-549-4956
bradley.foster@appleseedinfo.org

"The great object is that every man be armed."  - Patrick Henry

Nessmuk

Thank you instructors for your patience and allowing my son and I to participate and learn from your experience and instruction. We hope to attend another event in the future. God bless.
We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home, in towns and cities.

George Washington Sears

P7

Two new Riflemen.  Congratulations, Russ and Ian!

313-549-4956

P7

And congratulations to our Young Patriot!

313-549-4956

P7

Congratulations and welcome back, BSB (baldsincebirth)!

313-549-4956