News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Texas Has a Brand New Red Hat!!!

Started by AF5US, August 02, 2022, 12:33:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AF5US

Ladies and gentlemen, it is with great pleasure that I announce the recent promotion of our very own MRAKESTRAW to full instructor!

:F  :F  :F Huzzah! Huzzah! Huzzah!  :F  :F  :F
O0  O0  O0

MRAKESTRAW delivered the points of instruction with excellence and confidence.  He is a strong proponent of that thing that we call "liberty" and hold so dear.  He's also very much into the pistol scene, and with a pistol IBC coming up in two weeks the timing is excellent.  Glad to have you with us!

Unfortunately the lighting for the hat transfer is terrible.  If anyone else has a better picture please share.

Oh, right.  One other thing - we decided to go ahead and allow everyone on the firing line to retire that orange hat with prejudice.  A 13 round volley of prejudice, to be precise.   :snipersmi
Rifleman:                          04/2016
Known Distance Rifleman:  10/2018
Pistoleer™:                          08/2019
Distinguished Rifleman:      07/2020
Morgan's Shingle:              12/2021
Standing Morgan's Shingle: 11/2022
Member: GOA (Gun Owners of America)
Member: FPC (Firearms Policy Coalition)
Life Member: NRA (National Rifle Association)

Steck

Huzzah! Great work Matt, and well-deserved.

Maximum Ordinate

"... the most valuable of all talents, that of never using two words where one will do."
-Thomas Jefferson

We're in the Liberty business.  Stay on Mission - Stay on Message.

Want to be a more effective Instructor?  Visit Appleseed Academy.

Mrs. Smith

MATT!!!  *Sniff* I'm so proud  :1luvu. Seems only last year you were a first time student, sweating in the dust of Albuquerque.

Oh wait. It WAS only last year  ;D. Well done, brother  :beer:
"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

You can have peace, or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once. - Robert A. Heinlein

"A generation which ignores history has no past, and no future." - Lazarus Long

"What we do now echoes in eternity." Marcus Aurelius

Waco 1-17       Waco 1-19     El Paso 7-19       Alamogordo 5-20     Albuquerque 7-21       Houston 8-21 (SBC)    Colorado Springs  2-22 (SBC)    Midland 8-22 (KDIBC)     Albuquerque 2-23      Harvard 5-23      El Paso 12-23 (PIBC)     Phoenix 2-24    El Paso 3-24

Gugisman

The right to freedom is the gift of God Almighty....The rights of the Colonists as Christians may be best understood by reading, and carefully studying the institutes of the great Lawgiver and head of the Christian Church: which are to be found clearly written and promuligated in the New Testament.
― Samuel Adams

Tennessee Beast

In giving us dominion over the animal kingdom, God has signified His will that we subdue the beast within ourselves.
John Lancaster Spalding

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin, 1775

"A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies."  George Washington 1790

"[T]o preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them…"
- Richard Henry Lee, Declaration Signer

Practice every time you get a chance. - Bill Monroe

Charley

Captain

Congrats Matt! Way to get the toughest hat in Appleseed.
There's things that gnaw on a man worse than dyin'. - Open Range

Eagle Keeper

I have come here to chew gum and teach riflemen the art of shooting one hole groups and I'm all out of bubblegum.
   Z-man
You can't shoot perfect if you don't know what perfect looks like.
     Somebody

Tejas

Well done sir!

And a little magic to that photo:

KProctor

Rifleman   06/20
Rifle KD     12/20
Pistoleer™    07/21
Rimfire KD 01/22
Morgans Shingle 05/22

jiminbolivar

Congrats... Especially like the peppering on the Orange Hat. That's a keeper!
I don't always shoot AQT's, but when I do, I prefer iron sights.

scuzzy

YeeHaa! Congrats. That shows lots of effort and dedication. We don't just give those hats away.
An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

GenX Minuteman

Hey Matt, Congratulations Sir!!!  Great to see how you powered through the process in short order!!!  We are certainly happy to include you in our ragged ranks!

Chad Stovell - GenX Minuteman

JustKim

ACCEPT YOUR WOBBLE!

It's not about perfection -- it's about progress!!

I LOVE this stuff!

"Perhaps you and I have lived with this miracle too long to be properly appreciative. Freedom is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction. It is not ours by inheritance; it must be fought for and defended constantly by each generation, for it comes only once to a people. Those who have known freedom and then lost it have never known it again."  Ronald Reagan

Black Knight

Black Knight
1st AS: Tuscaloosa, AL OCT  8-9, 2016
Applecore: Jun 6, 2017
AC/RSO: Jul 12, 2017
IBC: Pelham, TN Feb 23-24, 2019
Pistol IBC: Mar 5,2021

mrakestraw

Thanks everyone! It's been a fun road to get here and I look forward to many more events! Just last year I attended my first Appleseed taught my Mrs. Smith, then got my orange hat from Kproctor, and with help and inspiration from Steck, AF5US, Ghostring, and the whole north Texas Appleseed gang earned my red hat.  It's been a blast and I hope to learn more, teach more, and spread our message to more eager ears.
07/21: Rifleman
12/21: KD Rifleman, Distinguished, Morgan's Shingle
01/22: Pistoleer™

Turbo Pin, Complete Combatant Black Belt Patches, 3.45 card, MSP 3/4 patch, Tier 1 Three Sevens patch

Come get more instruction with me!
My next class is: Sage Dynamics in March in Muenster, TX