News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR,Salonie Creek Range,Kodiak,Alaska May21/22

Started by Oldmikey, May 23, 2022, 03:52:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldmikey

We have been having beautiful weather for the last 10 days or so and the forecast promised more of the same. Unusual for Kodiak this time of year. We were all hoping that the forecast would hold,but no. On Wednesday the forecast said Saturday, 1 to 2 inches of rain and winds 20 to 30.48 degrees.Sunday more of the same. 12 shooters showed up on Saturday equipped Kodiak style,with full reindgear.We got our 1 to 2 inches of rain and 30 mile an hour winds and by two in the afternoon we had eight shooters left. Sunday morning started out in a gray mist and soon the clouds broke up and the rain stopped. Of the seven shooters that persevered four qualified, one qualified distinguished. Two of the new rifleman we're under 16 years old.AK 84, 509Gman and and N.Weseman  never faltered and provided  journeyman quality instruction.
     We're still batting 1000 in the rain category for Kodiak shoots but we're still turning out a high percentage of rifleman. A rifleman perseveres
"Great things have been affected by a few men well conducted"George Rogers Clark

" to old to run"

509gman

"What! what! men, dodging this way for single bullets! What will you do when they open fire along the whole line? I am ashamed of you. They couldn't hit an elephant at this dist-"
Last words of Union Gen. John Sedgwick, before he was killed by a Confederate sniper.

509gman

"What! what! men, dodging this way for single bullets! What will you do when they open fire along the whole line? I am ashamed of you. They couldn't hit an elephant at this dist-"
Last words of Union Gen. John Sedgwick, before he was killed by a Confederate sniper.

509gman

And the Riflemen kids, whose names I'm not confident enough to assign. Somebody help me.

509gman

Luther Blanchard/William Diamond  patch awardees. I don't think I've seen before any kids more deserving than these three. Zero quit in this bunch.

AK-84

Spent a wonderful weekend with a great group of people!!! Perseverance is the key to all good things and this group showed it. HUZZAH :F
Just remember this is a GLORIOUS CAUSE we do.

Oldmikey

The young people are Eleanor, Jacquelin and Alexander
"Great things have been affected by a few men well conducted"George Rogers Clark

" to old to run"

Agent Orange

Those shooters on Sunday were definitely no sunshine patriots! It takes a lot of willpower to stay and learn in those conditions. Very proud to be a part of that shoot. And for it to be my first shoot worked! Seeing those kids persevere in the face of hardship like that really filled me with hope! Love to see it!