News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Central City, Iowa 21-22May2022

Started by IXOYE, May 23, 2022, 10:24:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IXOYE

We had a fantastic shoot at the Matsell Bridge shooting range in Central City. The weather was just about perfect except for a few wind gusts. We had a wonderful group of shooters, thirteen in all, several of which were absolute beginners. Everyone did very well and I was very pleased to see how much improvement we saw over the weekend. It was a pleasure to have a group who was fully engaged in all of the marksmanship instruction and history.

Nathan receives the honor of shooting the highest score of 206. But several others were knocking on the door to rifleman as well. When not under any time constraints we had numerous shooters with 1 inch groups using both iron sights and optics. Once they learn to establish their NPOA quickly I'm confident they will be shooting rifleman scores on the AQT.

Many thanks to Lynn County for generously sharing their range with us. It is a very nice and well kept facility.

I also need to thank the Charles family for driving more than half way across the state to spend their weekend helping to instruct our wonderful group of shooters. I had a great time and I look forward to seeing everyone again on the Appleseed trail. I'll post pictures in a follow-up post.
The only thing necessary for evil to prosper is for good men to do nothing! (Edmund Burke)

IXOYE

Here are some pictures. If you click on an image it will expand. Click on it again and it will shrink back down.

Our group on Sunday

Chris presenting the first strike

Chris

Ball and Dummy exercise

Loading magazine during Ball & Dummy

Marking where the shot was called

In her bubble!

Tech sights were popular

Watching the trigger finger

Our range setup

Two wonderful orange hats

Honoring our youth participants

The only thing necessary for evil to prosper is for good men to do nothing! (Edmund Burke)

Captain

This looks like it was a fun event! Congratulations on a good shoot. That Charles family is everywhere!
There's things that gnaw on a man worse than dyin'. - Open Range

TheFatMan

it was a great time for our whole family. Wife is happy with it and is looking to get her patch the next time... thanks all for a fun, educational and safe event.