News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Leeds ND

Started by smle, March 22, 2009, 12:50:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smle

OK folks North Dakota is well on its way to having its first Appleseed. O0

May 30-31 at Leeds, between Minot and Devils Lake.

Take that SD and Neb. &) &) **) **)

If it's stupid and it works, it ain't stupid
If we forget what we did, we won't know who we are. Ronald Reagan
Courage is being scared to death - but saddleing up anyway. John Wayne

Old Dog

I lived at Minot AFB for 3 years.  That's a place that needs a SERIOUS backstop.  **)

I tease these Virginians about being "flatlanders" but North Dakota, now that's flat, especially that part of the state.

Wind?  Those guys in Wyoming think they know what "wind" is.  I can remember the wind actually blowing dirt through the walls of the house we lived in on base.  There would be little piles of dust on the floor under the electrical outlets after a windstorm, sometimes even in the winter the wind would blow the snow off spots in the fields and blow dirt/dust out on top of the snow and you could see dark spots where the dust settled on the snow.

Lest you NoDakers think I'm making fun of your state let me add that I really enjoyed those three years.  Great bird hunting and great fishing out at Lake Darling and the Souris River.  Until you've watched one of those big northerns come all the way out of the water to shake a hook you think a bass on top of the water is awesome.

Have fun.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

—Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

smle

I know what you mean. I lived in the western part not far from Mont. for 11 years. Just can't take that cold anymore.
If it's stupid and it works, it ain't stupid
If we forget what we did, we won't know who we are. Ronald Reagan
Courage is being scared to death - but saddleing up anyway. John Wayne