News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Sacramento May 14-15 200 yd rimfire KD

Started by NorCal22Gal, May 20, 2022, 11:15:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NorCal22Gal

Sacramento in May...it can be sunny and hot, cold and rainy, or warm and windy...Warm and windy it is.

9 students came out this weekend to master the challenge that is rimfire kd.

Saturday was very windy, I'm guessing we had sustained 10-15 mph with gusts.  Not fun to shoot in.  But very, very challenging. Everyone was up to the challenge.  We spent most of Saturday getting everyone zeroed at each distance.  The wind played a part in it taking so long, but everyone was doing well.

We put up the Morgan's Shingle after lunch on Saturday, but sadly, no one joined the ranks then.

Sunday was calm in the morning, wind picked up in the afternoon.  We had scores from mid to upper 30's on the first couple AQT's.  Then Mike stepped up with a 43 and broke the barrier.  Lester was next with 41, Chris and Robert rounded it off with 40 each.

Morgan's Shingle saw a great deal of activity...and 4 students joined the ranks of Morgan's Riflemen!!  Ernesto, Demai, Chris and Bill!!  Huzzah!!!

I very much enjoy the way people at Appleseed events work together.  It seems to increase at events like the rimfire kd, where the students helped each other with comeup's, calcualtions, moving targets around and just enjoying each others company.

I really, really appreciate everyone's help in setting up and tearing down/clean up.  The saying "many hands make light work" is very accurate when everyone pitches in.

Hope to see you all out on the line again soon.

Thank you to the instructors as well, you are awesome!!

Books I spoke about:

Paul Revere's Ride by David Hackett-Fischer
Washington's Crossing by same author

Then A Patriot I'll Be by Roy J Moyle

Instructors:

Laurie  NorCal22Gal Shoot Boss
Joe       eaglescouter
Chris    Pathogen
Darryl  3Huzzahs