News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Racine, WI AAR May 14-15, 2022

Started by Janir, May 20, 2022, 09:18:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Janir

After action for Racine, WI at RCLRC club.
1st off, thanks for everyone for coming out. Weather was great and everyone including the instructors seemed to enjoy their time out for two days of hard work. Well us instructors just stood around,  but you shooters worked darned hard!

A shout out to our newest Orange Hat Jason! Thank you for stepping up for the Orange Hat! This same man who knows very much what he's is about, also shot a requal 240 for Distinguished! Huzzah!! Huzzah!!

I have a few pictures but I have to still work out an Imagur account to upload them to then link, so look for them in a few days. If anyone else has some pics they can link up to, please feel free to do so!!

Again, thanks you everyone for comig out and hope to see you at another Appleseed!

-Janir
"The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -Thomas Jefferson

"Our forefathers gave us a better way to refresh the Tree of Liberty. If we give our blood and sweat now,  willingly, by using the political and social processes they secured for us with their lives, maybe our own Posterity will never have to unwillingly spill their blood and tears to re-secure their Liberty. " - Janir

Janir

:pics:

Got my pics into website finally working right. 

Instructors for everyone, Love it!

Hugs from Red Mama Bear if you take an Orange Hat...

This is why instructors are so dirty after an Appleseed. :-)

"The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -Thomas Jefferson

"Our forefathers gave us a better way to refresh the Tree of Liberty. If we give our blood and sweat now,  willingly, by using the political and social processes they secured for us with their lives, maybe our own Posterity will never have to unwillingly spill their blood and tears to re-secure their Liberty. " - Janir

Red Wing

My first Appleseed was June of '21. Less than a year later, I've qualified, and re-qualified Rifleman, earned a Winterseed patch, and now qualified Distinguished (optics). While I'd done some shooting when I was much (much) younger, I didn't know thing one about marksmanship until last May. I have taken in all the instruction and advice given by the instructors (regardless of the color of their hats), and the end result is that I can put together a pretty consistent set of holes in paper at 25 yards. Oh, and I cleared a Red Coat (shooting the shingle first)! Among others, many thanks to: (Iron) Mike, Mary, Theo, Jason, Dave, Ray Ray, and Patrick!

As far as Appleseeds go, I think I can vouch for the efficacy of Magpul's Rifleman Loop Sling: it was easy on and easy off, and was clearly effective in aiding with establishing and maintaining NPOA. I mean no disrespect to the USGI sling--I qualified and re-qualified with it a total of 3 times last year--but the RLS is, to my thinking, a faithful modern interpretation.

Tomorrow, I make my second try for a Known Distance patch. Last year, my scores weren't worth recording or reporting on. This year, even if I don't qualify, I'm confident the experience will be instructive enough to be worth sharing thoughts.

I have a couple of pictures (not all my own) to add.
Rifleman & Requal. 9/19/21; 1x Prism
Winterseed Rifleman 12/5/21; 1-6x LPVO
Distinguished (240/250) 5/14/22; 1-6x LPVO
Orange Hat 5/14/22
Known Distance 5/21/22; 1-6x LPVO
Instructor Boot Camp: Racine 10/22/22
Qualified w/ Irons! 2/18/23