News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Appleseed Ranges near Tucson

Started by CaptainRebop, May 18, 2022, 05:38:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptainRebop

Hey all!  I was recently trying to figure out if I could try to visit family in Tucson around the same time as an AZ Appleseed, only to find out that there aren't a whole lot of events in the southern part of the state.  It's been a while since the 'Appleseed Ranges' sticky was updated here so I thought I'd ask if we've ever worked with a range near Tucson.

If not, have we reached out to the ranges around Tucson to see if they would be willing to host an Appleseed?  I'm willing to help wrangle us a new range, but if we've already reached out and decided against the facilities in Tucson for some reason then I'd like to know that too.

EDIT:  Now that I've remembered we have a search function, I see we did in fact have an event at the Tucson Rifle Club a few years back, and maybe some events in Marana, too.  Any plans to schedule some new events there?

pennys dad

Good Evening

It's not a range issue. It is a manpower issue.

Quote from: CaptainRebop on May 18, 2022, 05:38:46 PM
Hey all!  I was recently trying to figure out if I could try to visit family in Tucson around the same time as an AZ Appleseed, only to find out that there aren't a whole lot of events in the southern part of the state.  It's been a while since the 'Appleseed Ranges' sticky was updated here so I thought I'd ask if we've ever worked with a range near Tucson.

If not, have we reached out to the ranges around Tucson to see if they would be willing to host an Appleseed?  I'm willing to help wrangle us a new range, but if we've already reached out and decided against the facilities in Tucson for some reason then I'd like to know that too.

EDIT:  Now that I've remembered we have a search function, I see we did in fact have an event at the Tucson Rifle Club a few years back, and maybe some events in Marana, too.  Any plans to schedule some new events there?