News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

CANFIELD. OH - MAY 14-14, 2022 - ON TARGET OUTFITTERS.

Started by Crazyduckhunter, May 16, 2022, 10:09:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crazyduckhunter

WOW. What else can I say about this event? This was by far the biggest event that I have ever been to...And, I was the SB for it. I feel so humbled by all of the support from each and every person that came from afar to help me make this a success. We had 40 people signup to attend this event with 15 of them being youth. On Target Outfitters is doing some great and wonderful things for today's youth in their area. A fabulous facility that the staff generously gave the AS crew full run of for the entire weekend! (Having a full kitchen to be able to cook in and the shower after a long day in the sun was just wonderful). Jeff and April and their family are just wonderful people that support Project Appleseed.

Having the duck alarm quacking on the back patio at 6:02 in the morning on Saturday was the start of a great day! From there the day just got better. We had very eager and attentive attendees that showed up early to drink from the fire hose of instruction. The first redcoat on Saturday morning was very impressive. 3 people cleared it right off the bat. 6 people joined Mr. Morgan. 25 of the 33 people had three hits into the 100 yard silhouette. The 2nd redcoat showed that the sun and heat and tiredness had somewhat taken their toll. but, even though we only had 1 cleared redcoat 30 of the 33 had three hits into the 100 yard silhouette. And all of the other hits on target increased too! Congrats to Jeff, Matt and Rich for clearing their redcoat targets.

Sunday was another success. 34 people returned a little tired and sore from the day before but eager to learn some more instructions. Sunday morning redcoat had 9 people joining Mr. Morgan! With two people clearing it. After all of the points of instructions were completed we finally rolled into the AQT's. A big congrats to those that got above the 210: Jeff, Nick, Rich, Jim, Matt and Max. It was an honor handing out the rifleman patches to all. The high light of my day was handing out the William Diamond patch to 15 of today's youth. These youth of America's tomorrow are very special. I just know that each and everyone of them will carry on the values and traditions that make America great.

A big thank you to each and every attendee and to each and every instructor that took the time out of their busy lives to help make this event a success. Without each and everyone of you being there supporting this adventure it would be a lot harder to succeed.

Thank you,
CDH

Nico145

A big thank you to all the Appleseed instructors, parents, and shooters who made this weekend so enjoyable. Thanks to the big guy upstairs too for the great weather.

On Target is looking forward to September.

Charles McKinley

A HUGE THANK YOU! to the wonderful people at On Target Outfitters.  They are very generous with the use of their great facilities and hospitality.  I look forward to many years of shoots there and watching their youth and program develop!

Thank you to all the families that came out for your attentiveness to the Heritage and marksmanship instruction.
Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery

Nico145

Aliquippa

Hope to see you all again, down the line.

Cadence

Kudos to CDH and all of the instructors for putting on a great event.

Good Job  O0
"A general dissolution of principles and manners will more surely overthrow the liberties of America than the
whole force of the common enemy. While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they
lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader."
~ Samuel Adams

rifleken

Charley

What an awesome event hosted by On Target Outfitters! Great camaraderie and hospitality. Great job leading this event Crazyduckhunter! It was great seeing all the youth on the line along with their parents, some parents shooting, other there watching and supporting. Congratulations to our Riflemen! It was great to meet everyone, hope to see you all on the line again!

EZ3

"You can't teach Liberty by practicing tyranny." -  Mr. Happy

Corvette

Looks like a great event. Well done CDH and the rest of the team. Huzzah!!!

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

Crazyduckhunter

Awesome picture of the wandering ducks! Too funny!