News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Happy Patriots' Day!

Started by Maximum Ordinate, April 19, 2022, 11:23:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maximum Ordinate

Senate of Alabama
Resolution 13-176

DESIGNATING APRIL 19, AS PATRIOTS DAY IN ALABAMA, AND THE MONTH OF APRIL AS PATRIOTS MONTH IN ALABAMA.

By Senators Hightower, Glover, Ward, Figures, Blackwell, Brewbaker, and Reed

WHEREAS, throughout the evening of April 18, 1775, Paul Revere and William Dawes rode through the countryside from Boston, informing the local militias that the British had mobilized and were headed to Concord to seize and destroy militia weapons and ammunition; and

WHEREAS, by the early morning of April 19, 1775, the local Minutemen and the British Army had gathered on Lexington Green where the "shot heard 'round the world" was fired and eight Minutemen were killed, resulting in a retreat as the British continued to Concord; and

WHEREAS, at Concord's North Bridge, a skirmish broke out, causing the first British casualties, and British troops attempted to retreat to Boston, but were met with resistance from the Minutemen who fired at them from behind trees and walls; and

WHEREAS, the Battles of Lexington and Concord marked the beginning of the long struggle for American Independence; and

WHEREAS, today we remember and pay tribute to the patriots who gave their lives in the pursuit of liberty and independence; now therefore

BE IT RESOLVED BY THE SENATE OF THE LEGISLATURE OF ALABAMA, That April 19, is hereby designated Patriots Day in Alabama, in perpetuity, the the month of April is designated Patriots Month in Alabama, in perpetuity, and all citizens of the state are urged to take cognizance of this event and participate fittingly in its observance.

April 16, 2013.
"... the most valuable of all talents, that of never using two words where one will do."
-Thomas Jefferson

We're in the Liberty business.  Stay on Mission - Stay on Message.

Want to be a more effective Instructor?  Visit Appleseed Academy.

Mrs. Smith

"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

You can have peace, or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once. - Robert A. Heinlein

"A generation which ignores history has no past, and no future." - Lazarus Long

"What we do now echoes in eternity." Marcus Aurelius

Waco 1-17       Waco 1-19     El Paso 7-19       Alamogordo 5-20     Albuquerque 7-21       Houston 8-21 (SBC)    Colorado Springs  2-22 (SBC)    Midland 8-22 (KDIBC)     Albuquerque 2-23      Harvard 5-23      El Paso 12-23 (PIBC)     Phoenix 2-24    El Paso 3-24

CarrollMS

Thanks  I copied this Alabama proclamation and sent it to my Kentucky legislators suggesting the same for the commonwealth
"Pro Libertate"
Distinguished,
Known Distance,
Rimfire KD 200

Maximum Ordinate

Quote from: CarrollMS on April 19, 2022, 12:19:30 PM
Thanks  I copied this Alabama proclamation and sent it to my Kentucky legislators suggesting the same for the commonwealth

Wonderful!  That's what I hoped when I posted it!
"... the most valuable of all talents, that of never using two words where one will do."
-Thomas Jefferson

We're in the Liberty business.  Stay on Mission - Stay on Message.

Want to be a more effective Instructor?  Visit Appleseed Academy.

Willociraptor

This stuff makes my heart swell. Makes me very proud to live in a state with actual ratified legislation like this. Thank you for sharing.
"Esse Quam Videri" ... to be, rather than to seem