News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Osage Beach DAR, Apr 11-12

Started by Longshot, March 19, 2009, 12:33:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Longshot

Help needed, OB DAR, Mar 28-29

I know most of you will be working the Cameron shoot, but if anyone is available we could use hands getting things finalized. The gravel and mulch for the lines should be on site, and there are myriad small tasks to be looked after. The distance range needs a final tidying and target lines set up.

If you can lend a hand PM Longshot

Thanks
" In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man; brave, hated, and scorned. When his cause succeeds, however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Mark Twain..?

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it."  Jeff Co

Longshot

Everybody funny......              **)

Now you funny, too!       :P
" In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man; brave, hated, and scorned. When his cause succeeds, however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Mark Twain..?

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it."  Jeff Co

cmidkiff

I'd be happy to come down in April... perhaps the 4th or 11th? 

All us KC hands are tied up on the 28th, sorry :(

greybeard

Longshot

Hey, gang,

I know that several of you are just winding down from Cameron, but if anyone is available next weekend, we could use the hands. We're getting close to having this monster roped and tied.

Status report:

The distance range is done, just need a little mulch at the firing line. Bridge is done (awesome). Porta-jons are on site, need a hole, will have backhoe on site this week. (can dig hole by hand if need be, ground is like hot butter)
BOTH flagpoles are up and ready. Support poles for shelter are set and plumbed, ready for boards and metal.

Mulch for firing line is on site. Gravel for drive, parking and firing line will arive today or tomorrow, and should be spread and ready by this weekend. Same for mulch.  I will be bringing trash barrels from work, will needs tops cut out.

What needs to be done:

Finish shelter. Need carpenter types, tools, stepladders. Should go fairly quick and easy.
Hang signs, flag parking area, stretch target hang wire, rake and tidy gravel and mulch. Need one brush pile moved.

Dig hole, set and secure porta-jons, do minor repairs to same. ( Door springs, roll holder, clean dust out of inside) Hole should be done this week.

Time permitting, move gate to distance range to different location in fenceline.

Thor will be moving LOTS of big round haybales to augment berms and backstops.

Two dozen other little bits of business that will surely crop up.

We don't necessarily need all hands on deck, but a couple of extra pairs of hands would sure be appreciated.

Let me know if you can help out.

Longshot

smle

LS,

While I can't make it this weekend, I can try and make it there by noon on the 17th. I'd be able to take care of some of the smaller items. Like signs, target wire and such.
Just send me a list.

smle
If it's stupid and it works, it ain't stupid
If we forget what we did, we won't know who we are. Ronald Reagan
Courage is being scared to death - but saddleing up anyway. John Wayne