News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Official Planning Thread: Shelby, IN April 23-24, 2022

Started by SteelThunder, March 24, 2022, 01:16:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteelThunder

OK, folks we have a SOLD OUT (20 shooters) shoot at one of our anchor ranges in northern Indiana.

Instructors:
Shoot Boss:  SteelThunder
IT: Capn (SBIT2), Pepper Spray, MI-copperhead, little buddy (SBIT1)
IIT: <crickets>
Applecore:  Merlin, SirKay, Lancelot, Dave Rose, Noah Rose (hopefully)

PCs: If there are PCs to be completed, present them completed to me on Saturday morning.

COF:
+ Standard 25 m event, with the benefit of additional elements of April 19th

Logistics:
+ Target line set up will be completed by our LBOTG by 4 pm.  setting it up for usI plan on being at the range on Friday afternoon (time TBD) for
+ Sleeping in the clubhouse is available. A/C, heat, running water, showers. PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU ARE CAMPING AT THE CLUB AND WHAT DAYS.  I'LL NEED TO LET THE CLUB CONTACTS KNOW AND GET THE GATE CODE FOR YOU.
+ Setup & Instructor Meeting at 7:30 AM on Saturday
+ Please bring any loaners you may have. Ammo too.
+ Keep an eye on the forecast, April in the Midwest is unpredictable.  Bring lots of water!
+ If you have a laser dummy rifles , please bring it. 
+ If you have a canopy or two, please bring it.

Instructor dinner - TBD (Usually our LBOTG have ideas)

History:  Start volunteering, or you know what happens  ~~:).
     Strike 1:  MI-Copperhead
     Strike 2:  Cap'n America
     Strike 3: Pepper Spray
     Whittemore: ??
     Lamson:  Steel
     Wyman: little buddy
     Others:

Instructors Carrying:  Not at this range.
NRA Patron Member, SAF Life Member
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor, RSO
Warlord of the West

Ultima vox civis
"Learning occurs only after repetitive, demoralizing failures." - Pat Rogers
"Silence in the face of evil is itself evil; God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer
"So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart." - Tecumseh
"Never attribute to treachery, that which can adequately be explained by incompetence" - Bonaparte, Hanlon, et al

Geek

SteelThunder,
Me and mine have another commitment running ranges that weekend.   We will be talking about Appleseed though.  If you need help on Sunday, give me a shout.  I would make the trip up to help.  As usual,  thank you to all of the folks coming Indiana as we rebuild Appleseed in the Hoosier state.

Cheriesgeek
"That gallant officer is General Fraser. I admire him, but it is necessary that he should die. Do your duty."  - Morgan's orders to Timothy Murphy at the Second Battle of Saratoga 1777, Oct 7

Our cause is just . . . our country will be grateful - George Rogers Clark

"This country has been made by the Timothy Murphys, the men in the ranks. Conditions here called for qualities of heart and hand that Tim Murphy had in abundance. Our histories should tell us more about the men in the ranks, for it was to them, more than to the generals that we were indebted for our military victories." -  Franklin Delano Roosevelt, as New York Governor, 1929, at the dedication of the memorial to Murphy

SteelThunder

O0

Quote from: cheriesgeek on March 24, 2022, 01:37:22 PM
SteelThunder,
Me and mine have another commitment running ranges that weekend.   We will be talking about Appleseed though.  If you need help on Sunday, give me a shout.  I would make the trip up to help.  As usual,  thank you to all of the folks coming Indiana as we rebuild Appleseed in the Hoosier state.

Cheriesgeek
Warlord of the West

Ultima vox civis
"Silence in the face of evil is itself evil; God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer
"So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart." - Tecumseh
"Never attribute to treachery, that which can adequately be explained by incompetence" - Bonaparte, Hanlon, et al

MI-copperhead

I will take 2nd strike and Samuel Whittemore unless we get an Orange Hat that needs 2nd for their PC. Looking forward to working the Shelby event.
Morgan's Rifleman 250 yard cold bore, 10/29/2022, Tusco Rifle Club, New Philadelphia OH KD/Rifle M1A w optics/Prone
"Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God ! I know not what course others may choose, but as for me, give me liberty or give me death ! " Patrick Henry
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty, than to those attending too small a degree of it. "
Thomas Jefferson
"Stand your ground; don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here." Capt. John Parker
" I have'nt a man who 's afraid to go." Capt Isaac Davis
"I would say that the majority of Americans have no real sense of the value and the uniqueness of being a U.S. citizen.  Once they realize what they have, they are less likely to stand by while some politician attempts to whittle down their rights."  Troy a.k.a. solarguy

Dave Rose

Noah and I would love to help in the applecore department.

Dagny

Thank you in advance to all that may volunteer for Shelby.  There is a full range of 20 students.  And, likely a few showing up Saturday morning hoping to find 'one more' spot open on the range. (procrastinators - gotta love em) :-)

My husband, Ray, is the host for this Izaak Walton range and will be happy to answer any questions about the facilities.  The clubhouse and grounds are available for Appleseed staff to stay the weekend.  The building has at your disposal a full kitchen, shower, bathrooms, pool table, and plenty of space for indoor 'camping'.  Trailers can also be parked on the grounds.

You are welcome to text me or call with questions: 219-226-3400.  Please let me know if you would like to stay the night(s) so we can provide you access codes etc.  -  Beth/Dagny

BTW: I believe constitutional carry in Indiana does not take effect until July 1st.
"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." â€" Ayn Rand

1st Appleseed: Patriots Day 2009
https://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=6695.0

2nd Appleseed: August 2011
https://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=24570.0

Rifleman Score: Pending

Fair weather shooting confirmed.
1st Appleseed Pistol Clinic 21AUG2021 Curtice, OH - temps reached 100
2nd Appleseed Pistol Clinic 13NOV2021 Piqua, OH - it snowed
3rd Appleseed Pistol Clinic 21MAY2022 Curtice, OH - temps just right!
Scored Pistoleer™ with a 215 on 21MAY2022 https://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=63008.0
Cleared Appleseed Pistol Clinic redcoat 22May2022

Pepper Spray

"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." John A. Shedd

"If a man does his best, what else is there?"  - General George S. Patton

Post tenebras lux

"The teenage years are not a vacation from responsibility... They are the training ground of future leaders who dare to be responsible now." -Alex and Brett Harris from Do Hard Things

Sir Kay

Steele,

what time are you planning on setting up on Friday? Merlin, Lancelot and I will be happy to help
�It is better to know something about everything then everything about something�
― Blaise Pascal

little buddy

I will take take Hezekiah. I would like to present the safety briefing. I can also model for the weekend.

Little buddy

SteelThunder

OP is updated.  Instructor Planning email is out.  Student email will go out tonight.
Warlord of the West

Ultima vox civis

Dagny

Thank you Sir Kay for the offer to help on Friday.  It's a fairly simple job and due to other commitments, Ray hopes to get this done as early in the afternoon as the club will allow us use of the range which is about 3Pm.  If need be we will finish up Saturday morning and be happy to accept offers of help.   

IF you are planning to stay in the clubhouse on FRIDAY night, please text me with your arrival time so that we can be prepared for you.  Thank you - Beth 219-226-3400    So far I have only heard from MI-Copperhead.

"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." â€" Ayn Rand

Scored Pistoleer™ with a 215 on 21MAY2022 https://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=63008.0

Sir Kay

That's awesome! We really appreciate the range being all setup!
�It is better to know something about everything then everything about something�
― Blaise Pascal

Dagny

An update for the OP:  Instructor dinner - TBD (Usually our LBOTG have ideas)

Yes the LBOTG do have a suggestion for dinner Saturday.   :beer: 

The forecast for Saturday looks fantastic.  After starting this morning with a dusting of snow I do wonder how the temps could reach 80 on Saturday, but I won't doubt Mother Nature. Let's just hope all the rain in the forecast ends on Friday as predicted.   

Ray and I invite all of the Appleseed volunteers to stay at the clubhouse for a BYOB (bring any drink you choose for after the range closes) dinner. We will plan for dinner to be ready by about 6:30. Hot sandwiches (pulled pork, ham, turkey) and a couple of sides (pasta salad, chips, coleslaw) will be available.  We'll have a few drinks to share, but if you have a favorite please BYOB.   

See y'all Saturday.