News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Annapolis, MD AAR - February 26,2022 Appleseed

Started by Agent711, February 26, 2022, 09:41:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Agent711

We started the day chilly and ended chilly. Some were hoping for a Winterseed but the temps held above freezing (sorry Matt). But this group stuck in there and like the Disney princess sung, the cold didn't bother them anyway. We began the day with a Redcoat and proud to say repeat Appleseeder Matt G proved he still has what it takes by clearing it. Not a bad start but we saw there was some work to do. Almost everyone started the squares with groups good enough to make some scope adjustments and after the next squares target and IMC briefed by FunctionCheck, we went right into transitions and mag changes. With such quick learners, we cruised through mag changes, shifting targets and practicing NPOA. During lunch, the first and second strikes were told by Agent711 while Liberty added some sound effects to spice things up. If you missed the performance, you'll need to join us on April 23-24th at AAFG for our Patriots Day event.

Following lunch, the shooters once again listened and applied everything we through at them. From seated and prone positions to transitions, we were ready for an AQT. It was no surprise to witness Matt G and Joe H score Rifleman. Seeing the desire by everyone to prove themselves, we shot a second AQT. John M scored 228 adding his name to the Rifleman corp. And Matt G proved himself yet again with the distinguished high score of the day - 242!

The last Redcoat target of the day again was evidence these shooters meant business. Two shooters cleared it (Matt G and John M) earning the much sought Maryland Immortal 400 patch. At least a couple of these shooters missed clearing it by one shot. Oliver G - I know you'll do it next time! You should all be very proud. I know I am.

We wrapped up history telling the third strike. I could tell some wanted to stay and do more, but it was time to rest. We are again thankful to our host range Anne Arrundel Fish and Game. And many, many thanks to our volunteers. Liberty Boy handled checkin, demonstrated positions and line bossed the evening. Swapping with FunctionCheck who called the line in the morning. And Off_paper introduced the safety rules, making a rifle safe, performed RSO duties flawlessly and successfully tried his hands at calling the line for our last course of fire. Thanks soooo much to each of you for sharing your time and encouraging our shooters.

I am looking forward to seeing each of you again.

While discussing ammo malfunctions, a shooter shared this. It was the result of a squib he encountered a week before coming to Appleseed.

TriggerJerk

HUZZAH!   

Thanks again to our instructors for making for such a well done day!  (despite the horrific sunny & clear blue skies depriving us of our shot at Winterseed patches)

My son spoke most of the way home about "that one shot that robbed him!" of his Redcoat, which is great...  I full well know that feeling, several times through. 

We're already looking fwd to our two-day in May.  We'll be ready!

:F

-MattG
aka: TriggerJerk

-----------------

We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately.

â€"Benjamin Franklin