News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Somers, CT February 5, 2022 1-day Winterseed AAR

Started by mwolf, February 11, 2022, 07:23:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mwolf

Facing cancellation due to ice storms and instructor illness, we were open for business bright and early at the ever-resilient Somers Sportsmen's Association. The only way to make it more of a Winterseed would have been if it was snowing during the shoot! Most of our students were able to brave the maelstrom to try for their Winterseed patches. They were rewarded with frigid weather but clear skies which for about 5 minutes, didn't feel terrible in the sun, and we completed our mission of retelling the history and giving our students a chance at the Winterseed patch. And they had quite the learning experience dealing with the cold, figuring out how to stuff magazines and SQUEEEEEEEEEEZE the trigger without getting frostbite!

We even had a newcomer (with some experience), Brian, who scored a 223 during the day! HUZZAH

Thanks to Greg and all the guys at SSA who help us host even in the dead of winter, and thank you to all the students who came out. It is a mark of your persistence, and a Rifleman, with or without a patch, persists.

kamilo6

Thanks for hosting a great Winterseed.
Perfect Connecticut weather just 80 miles from Battle Road.
The 3 strikes of the match were well done.

TOMINCT

Wish I could have been there, getting ill kinda stinks. Well at least it wasn't hoof and mouth.

Heard that things went well and all involved got there and back safely. Parallax told me of 4 or 5 accidents on his way there due to the ice storm overnight, so it was bad out. Hope the next Ct event is a little better weatherwise.

Congratulations to those who made RM, and kudos to those who went the distance and attended. Thank you to the IT crew for their efforts.

A Rifleman persists.
crak's battle road IBC 10-09
Ramseur 2-12!
ninsho's battle road IBC 6-13

Shootr murf

Thanks to all the instructors and everyone for showing up on a frigid 24° February day to help make us all better marksman and historians. I will proudly rock my Winterseed patch and am looking forward to seeing everyone again in April in Granby!
A good shot must necessarily be a good man since the essence of good marksmanship is self-control and self-control is the essential quality of a good man. -Teddy Roosevelt

Parallax

Here are some of the action photos for the day.

Parallax

Here are the Rifleman :F