News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Do you know all the Appleseed slogans?

Started by Thaddeus, February 03, 2022, 04:16:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thaddeus

Do you know all the Project Appleseed slogans?

Now you can ... with the all-new Project Appleseed slogan poster! 18 inches by 24 inches on heavyweight poster paper, the right size for a pre-made poster frame.

Available at the Appleseed Store now for $7.50.

Maximum Ordinate

My thanks to Mrs. Smith who did the creative work on this.   O0

As Thaddeus mentioned, the Rifleman Wisdom poster was sized to use an inexpensive, standard-sized frame from Hobby Lobby or Walmart. 

Many ranges might balk at putting a big advertising poster on the wall, but this is Rifleman Art to decorate with.   ;)
"... the most valuable of all talents, that of never using two words where one will do."
-Thomas Jefferson

We're in the Liberty business.  Stay on Mission - Stay on Message.

Want to be a more effective Instructor?  Visit Appleseed Academy.

little buddy

Thaddeus,
We are looking at purchasing 20 posters. The price would be $150 which is fine but the shipping is $189 The total is $339. My question is can we get the posters added to a Shoot Bosses box when they order it for an event to save us on shipping?

Thanks

Little Buddy

Thaddeus

Wow - I knew the Post Office was raising prices ...

I'll check into this and post what I find out.

Thaddeus

Monkey

Quote from: Thaddeus on February 04, 2022, 09:47:44 AM
Wow - I knew the Post Office was raising prices ...

I'll check into this and post what I find out.

Thaddeus

Similar story here, brother.  I had a cart that calculated out to $20 shipping; I added 2 add'l posters and the shipping went up to $38.  Thinking it may be something tied to how the store calculates shipping...
"5 minutes for this stage - that's like a week in people years!"

"Responsibility is a unique concept... You may share it with others, but your portion is not diminished. You may delegate it, but it is still with you... If responsibility is rightfully yours, no evasion, or ignorance or passing the blame can shift the burden to someone else. Unless you can point your finger at the man who is responsible when something goes wrong, then you have never had anyone really responsible."
― Hyman G. Rickover

"Scoring is a function of great execution, and winning Is the result, but thinking about winning can pull your focus off of proper execution in a competition. Thinking about process is the answer."- Lanny Bassham

Thaddeus

OK, here is what was happening with the posters ...

The Store shipping software was calculating putting each poster in a separate mailing tube and then shipping them all separately. That's been fixed, so now shipping is more reasonable. Although shipping overall prices increasing just like all other prices we are seeing.

These are great posters - I hope everyone enjoys them!

Monkey

Quote from: Thaddeus on February 07, 2022, 06:07:56 PM

The Store shipping software was calculating putting each poster in a separate mailing tube and then shipping them all separately. That's been fixed, so now shipping is more reasonable. Although shipping overall prices increasing just like all other prices we are seeing.

Thanks, brother, for working hard to sort this out.  I've seen USPS Priority Shipping rates go up recently; I can only imagine what UPS and others are doing.

Question:  Shipping for posters, right now after the fix, is $9.10 for each poster.  Is it possible for the system to recognize multiple posters and put them all into one poster tube?

Also, if your order contains more than posters (e.g. a shipment of Paul Revere's Ride), will the store ship them all in one box or separate (and does that impact shipping costs as well)?
"5 minutes for this stage - that's like a week in people years!"

"Responsibility is a unique concept... You may share it with others, but your portion is not diminished. You may delegate it, but it is still with you... If responsibility is rightfully yours, no evasion, or ignorance or passing the blame can shift the burden to someone else. Unless you can point your finger at the man who is responsible when something goes wrong, then you have never had anyone really responsible."
― Hyman G. Rickover

"Scoring is a function of great execution, and winning Is the result, but thinking about winning can pull your focus off of proper execution in a competition. Thinking about process is the answer."- Lanny Bassham

Mrs. Smith

Quote from: Monkey on February 08, 2022, 10:42:29 AM
Thanks, brother, for working hard to sort this out.  I've seen USPS Priority Shipping rates go up recently; I can only imagine what UPS and others are doing.

Question:  Shipping for posters, right now after the fix, is $9.10 for each poster.  Is it possible for the system to recognize multiple posters and put them all into one poster tube?

Also, if your order contains more than posters (e.g. a shipment of Paul Revere's Ride), will the store ship them all in one box or separate (and does that impact shipping costs as well)?

I'm was still getting $43 shipping for 4 posters, so I emptied my shopping cart and started over. Now it's $15.
"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

You can have peace, or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once. - Robert A. Heinlein

"A generation which ignores history has no past, and no future." - Lazarus Long

"What we do now echoes in eternity." Marcus Aurelius

Waco 1-17       Waco 1-19     El Paso 7-19       Alamogordo 5-20     Albuquerque 7-21       Houston 8-21 (SBC)    Colorado Springs  2-22 (SBC)    Midland 8-22 (KDIBC)     Albuquerque 2-23      Harvard 5-23      El Paso 12-23 (PIBC)     Phoenix 2-24    El Paso 3-24

Thaddeus

The UPS shipping system should recognize multiple orders of the same poster. But, it's IT and the world of IT changes on an hourly basis. Some junior programmer somewhere in the system makes an update, and everything downstream goes to ****.

re multiple boxes, again the system should try to put everything in the same box when the sizes fit together.

Quote from: Monkey on February 08, 2022, 10:42:29 AM
Quote from: Thaddeus on February 07, 2022, 06:07:56 PM