News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Hernando, Fl 29-30 January 2022 Appleseed - AAR

Started by BaldEagle, February 01, 2022, 04:22:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BaldEagle

Normally with an AAR from Florida it's a bit of bragging on how nice the weather is while the rest of the country is under x inches of snow and even if not the temperature is less than desirable. Well....it was our turn. Temperate for some but bone chilling for us that aren't used to it. Saturday's high was 45 degrees with winds gusting to 25. Sunday morning's prediction was 29 degrees. IT WAS 27!! A direct violation of the Floridian Contract.  ;D

Well...with that out of the way, We had a GREAT weekend. We had two great patriots come out and join us on this chilly weekend. One was a previous Appleseeder and one was a first timer from MD to escape the cold (which found him here anyway). With the student to instructor ratio we could get some good 1:1 instruction. The shot patterns and scores proved that!

By the end of the weekend we had a new Riflemen boasting a score of 230! HUZZAH George!

Always a pleasure to be on the line with such fine Americans

Willociraptor

Oof! High of 45 and down 27, yikes that is COLD for Florida.. add the moisture and it's a whole different ball game. Every time I find myself in uncomfortable conditions, I see a short Floridian puffing on half a cigar telling me to embrace the opportunity for character development. Looks like yall got some real opportunites over the weekend! Good job grinding through it!

And huzzah George! 230! Man that's some nice shooting!
"Esse Quam Videri" ... to be, rather than to seem

9mm4545

Probably didn't have many hot brass burns when bundled up in the cold. Do we need a Florida Winterseed patch? Maybe something showing a frozen iguana? Sounds like a great event anyway and congrats to all the new riflemen.
The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837