News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Annapolis, MD Jan 29, 2022 1 Day Winterseed

Started by BeSwift, January 30, 2022, 11:21:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BeSwift

Winterseed! 20 Deg, 6" of fresh snow, and 30MPH winds! Lots of winter goodness... 10 students (including 5 new shooter/3 youngsters) powered thru the bitter cold for a full day of Winterseed.. ALL showed major progress..Even with frequent thaw out breaks, we still managed to get thru 2 AQT's by days end... Jim delivered amazing history (maybe the best I've seen), and all students dug deep to make the day a success... By days end 3 shooters managed to join the Rifleman ranks, with another consistently shooting just off the mark with 200 & 206... Thank you to all the students, and volunteers, who chose to freeze their butts off, to make this event a success! Huzzah!
"The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well"
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Happiness =  Reality - Expectations

DragginWood

Other than the bitter cold it was a great day, those conditions were certainly not as nice as the spring, summer, or fell events, but at the end of the day walking away with a Winterseed patch with my brother, well worth it. The history lunch was unbelievable, probably one of the best. I do like how all the instructors have their own certain way of teaching it, love the different perspectives. Still trying to thaw out...until next time!!!   :snipersmi

Catch-10-22

Thanks for the great feedback and for suffering through the day. Earning that Winterseed patch makes it all worth it!

OldDominionIron

"(Were) they nourished by your indulgence? They grew by your neglect of them. As soon as you began to care about them, that care was exercised in sending persons to rule over them, in one department and another…Sent to spy out their liberty, to misrepresent their actions and to prey upon them; men whose behaviour on many occasions has caused the blood of these sons of liberty to recoil within them."
      -Isaac Barre

V-Ring Circus

What's the Immortal 400 and how does one earn that patch?  I assume is has something to do with the Rifleman's quarter mile?
"Superiority is no longer to be sought in the weapon, but in the hand that wields it" -Helmuth von Moltke

Catch-10-22

Summary of the Immortal 400 patch and history here: https://www.mdshooters.com/showpost.php?p=6348196&postcount=65

You earn it at an event in Maryland by cleaning the Red Coat (all 13 hits where they should be) or by instructing with the Maryland cadre (including visiting instructors from other states).

Come visit and earn one!

V-Ring Circus

"Superiority is no longer to be sought in the weapon, but in the hand that wields it" -Helmuth von Moltke

Namrog

The Immortal 400 and Winterseed rifleman patch were well worth the time in the cold. Winterseed opportunities don't happen in MD very often so this was a must. Brian, Jim, and Dave(?) did a great job and as always, I left a better shooter. Till next time...HUZZAH!

OldDominionIron

Namrog, hope to see you on the range again (maybe in Virginia?)

Dave
"(Were) they nourished by your indulgence? They grew by your neglect of them. As soon as you began to care about them, that care was exercised in sending persons to rule over them, in one department and another…Sent to spy out their liberty, to misrepresent their actions and to prey upon them; men whose behaviour on many occasions has caused the blood of these sons of liberty to recoil within them."
      -Isaac Barre